Lily

A young girl in a light blue Victorian dress sits on the floor with many books laying around her. She flips through the book in her hand, her latest job done.

The girl smiles at the last page, her eyes shines with relief and commiserate as the story came to an end. She carefully push herself up and pat her dress down before resting her hand in front of her dress and walk deeper into the library. 

"Hmmm... I need a holiday soon..." Lily walks through her library of tragic, talking to no one.

A hmm can be hear, quiet but Lily know the library is acknowledging her small muse.

"I know, but it's a nice thought," Lily smiles as she look up to the light from no where, the only source of light in this world. It covers everywhere, every corner, this bundle of light from no where is the source of Lily's power.

The shelf homing these books is high up to the unseeing ceiling, countless stories here but each has one thing in common. Tragedy.

Not all of them ends badly but there's always tragedy for at least one of them. These books are written as stories by the Arbor and Lily is here to atone for her consequences, for the wish she made from the Arbor.

"Hmmm~ Hm, hmm~" Lily hums to herself while watching the library brings out a new book.

She gently catches the book in both hand and found that it has a heavy layer of dust on it. She brings the book to here face level and blow the dust away, finally seeing the name.

The red bride.

"Hmmm... Are you sure I'm ready for this?" Lily ask the library, knowing the answer already.

The library hmm again and Lily sighs.

This story is old, and the older the story, the more stronger the hatred and sorrow as they had time to gather more and more.

She opens the book and start to read the story.

---

A rather simple story honesty:

The Narid, a family of three escaped a land of war and moved into the village far, far away from their birthland.

The new village is friendly and kind to the family but it is ruled by a rich family. This rich family shuts themselves off but they will come out once a year to take a girl into their home, the girl will never be hear of again.

The village didn't riot against the family because they never ask them for taxes and will provide animal for each home every winter.

The Narid's only child is a girl but they decide to disguise her as a boy just to stay here. However, when the time comes, the others somehow manage to realise that she was a girl and took her. Despite what she has heard, the mansion was well maintained but there's no one there however, it's a different story during night time.

During the morning, everything she need is met and she can have one sided conversation with who she assumed to be the master of this mansion who would provide her anything she needs except a way out or communication with the outside. This person also told her that under no circumnutates should she ever wonder the mansion after sun down.

The girl listened to the instruction but every night, she hear something strange. Sometimes it's footsteps, sometimes it was crashing of plates or chairs and one night, a blood curling scream can be heard throughout the mansion. The girl can't follow the instruction any longer as she fear her life will be in danger.

Even when she comforted the person about the noise, the only reply she got was the instruction note to not wonder around at night. 

She wonders the mansion at day, looking for anyway to get out with no luck until one night, when her fear got the best of her that she couldn't sleep, she noticed that her room isn't the same as it was in the morning. The objects all seem to be there but the structure of the room is different and this gave her the idea that maybe the mansion have a different look at night and, perhaps, she can find a new way out during night.

It took her a few nights of testing around the mansion, she found a few things.

The mansion is different at night, what was a simple three floor uniformed mansion in the morning, the place she saw at night was twisting everything she knows. The stair seemly goes no where and the walls is all bent and distorted and if she takes the right steps, she can even walk on the wall or ceiling and finally, there's mindless monsters roaming around the mansion at night but she was able to map out the place.

Finally, she manage to narrow the exit down to the red door on the third floor, one that she never managed to open before. She has asked about this door but never go any answer from the person so, on the night she finally reached the door, she reach out to push the door, not really expecting it to open.

However, the door was easily opened and behind the door was a huge room that's upheld by eight pillars and a long red carpet that direct her eyes to the throne at the end of the room where a human figure is sat there. 

The rage and fear that has been building up in her, blinded her eyes as she assumed that the person sat there is the master of this place and rush forward to push the knife in her hand into their stomach. After only struggling for a bit, the body went quiet and a trap door behind the throne opened up.

The girl rush inside, hoping to finally go outside. The sight that greeted her was a room of dolls, the girl searched around the room when she finally found a key and a door behind the dolls, just as she was about to leave, she realised that all the dolls here are the girls that was taken here.

Unable to just leave them here, she decide to take them all home. After taking a armful of dolls outside, they turns back into humans. The girls thank her before helping out the other dolls and when everyone's curse has broke, they all rush down to the village, all hoping to see their family again but...

Their village has been destroyed by the monsters that was roaming the mansion as the grabs the dead body of the villagers and eats them in front of the newly escaped girls.

---

This is where the story ends, all the girls look upon the home they missed so much in destruction as their family being devoured by horrific monsters.

Lily sighs and understood her job, it's more obvious this time, make sure everyone lives.

She stood up and close the book, placing her hand on top of the cover and the lights from no where turn to where her hand is placed. As more light gathered around her, she close her eyes and wait for the familiar darkness to eat her up. Finally, the lights moves back to where they were before, one by one and Lily is no where to be seen.