M- 15

Artemis PoV

We didn't end up having sex that night.

We hugged, kissed, and cuddled, but we didn't have sex.

Percy was still loving and kind, cuddly and all.

I woke up the next morning alone in bed, not feeling the heat from the recent presence of my husband either.

Sighing, I got up and looked around.

As I walked through the hall, I could hear the constant thumping of something against another from the archery range. Percy was splitting arrow after arrow in the centre of the target from the entrance to the room.

I touched his shoulder. "Come back to bed, please."

He set down the bow. "Of course. Did I wake you?"

"No," I answered. My husband took my waist and kissed me.

I grasped his shoulders as his lips caressed mine.

He was in a mood this morning, the one where he's more loving and dominant than usual. His bedroom mood.

Percy picked me up and pinned me against the wall, a knee between my legs.

I became lost in the kiss. His smell, his taste, how he felt.

Before long, he had me in bed with my clothes off, screaming his name.

My lover had given me multiple orgasms before finishing.

I had moaned again when he pulled out, one of my lesser vocal reactions of the morning.

"Percy," I murmured.

"Yes, love?" He replied, holding me close.

"This feeling we have," I addressed. "I don't want it to ever go away."

My husband kissed my temple. "I love you too."

Percy PoV

Artemis had fallen asleep shortly after we made love. It was one of those nights where I was more passionate than normal. One of the nights my wife liked best.

Her phone buzzed, and I saw the little message preview that popped up.

It was from Hermes, about how he was selected, whatever that meant.

It was really morning now, and Artemis was starting to wake up. "Good morning, beautiful."

She laughed. "However cliche that may sound, I'll never get tired of hearing it from you."

My wife's phone rang, and she picked up. "Hermes, you'd better have a very good reason to be interrupting my morning."

There was muffled speaking, and Artemis hung up.

She hugged me tightly, kissing me. "I'm sorry. I tried to make sure you didn't get picked for it."

"Picked for what?" I asked.

My wife bit her lip. "There is a group of warriors being sent to explore a region dominated by monsters. It's a suicide mission, even for someone like you."

"I'm immortal though," I replied.

"The monsters there have weapons to make you fade," she replied. "Nobody goes there."

"When am I supposed to leave?" I asked.

"Tomorrow," Artemis answered. "It will last for about four months. All other details are to be provided after you arrive."