Chapter 30. Dementors ☾

A/N sorry for late update...

The following week found Harry, Hermione, Draco, Severys, Dragon, and Remus on the train going to Hogwarts. Knowing it had been the full moon the night before, the four left the werewolf to sleep while they had a lovely little conversation about last third year, while Hermione pet her new cat Crookshanks.

"So, I blew up Aunt Marge. I ran into you, though I thought you were just a scary, dark figure. You don't make very good first impressions, do you?" Harry paused, looking down into the brown dog eyes.

"Must run in the family." Draco murmured. Harry laughed and nodded.

"Anyway, I accidently hailed the Knight Bus..." Harry started. Draco interrupted.

"Wait, how do you accidently hail the Knight Bus?" Draco inquired. Harry looked bewildered.

"I have no idea. I am about as muggle as they come when it concerns knowledge of magic. It was someone's great idea to take me out of my home, plop me into the magical world, and expect me to figure it out. I find that most of the time when I do the right thing, it is totally by accident." Harry explained.

"How in the world is hailing the Knight Bus ever the right thing?" Draco muttered.

"It's better than being attacked by a mass murderer." Harry figured. Sirius whined. Remus stirred. Everyone froze. They waited a moment and continued. "Sorry, Dragon, but that was everyone's thought process back then, even mine." Harry huffed.

"But that is all beside the point. The Weasleys and I came back from our various holidays and came to Diagon Alley to get our things. We stayed the night at the Leaky Cauldron, and that was when the Weasleys told Harry about you." Hermione explained. Sirius gave them a questioning look.

"How did the Weasleys get enough money to go on holiday, you ask?" Harry interpreted. "They won a lottery at Mr. Weasley's job." Draco perked up at this.

"Ooh, Ooh. May I insult him again? May I? May I? May I?" Draco pleaded with his friends. Hermione rolled her eyes and Harry smirked.

"Sure, Ferret, whatever floats your boat." Harry agreed. Again, Dragon gave him a questioning look. "Oh, you want to know why I call him Ferret? Well, a fake Mad-Eye Moody turned him into a ferret for a short period of time. You know, you made a quite cute ferret, Draco."

"I didn't know I was your type, Scarhead." Draco drawled. Harry smirked.

"Well, actually, I didn't mention that the first time around. Hermione..." Harry was effectively stopped from saying anything further by a hand that was not his own that was now firmly rooted over his mouth.

"What Harry was trying to say, is that you know he has his eye on another blonde. This one is a girl and in Ravenclaw." She teased. Dragon perked up at that, and Harry blushed red. He was about to complain, when he had a thought.

"Hey, we should go find Luna. We have not seen her since the train ride home." Harry mentioned. "She didn't come when I called on the communicators." Hermione looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Well, that's a relief! She could have found out..." Hermione gasped. "Harry! Did you want to tell her about the whole time travel thing?" Harry looked sheepishly down at the ground.

"Maybe." He drawled childishly. However, they did not need to go searching for the blonde-haired girl, for she came right to them. They wondered if they had accidently placed an alarm on her name so that she came whenever they spoke her name, like Voldemort had tried to do.

"Hello all! I trust you all had a safe holiday and the wrackspurts didn't ruin it." Luna greeted. She put her glasses on to check if this statement was indeed true. She looked over at Remus and gasped. "Oh no! He's is tormented by them!" She lamented. She took her glasses off. "Who is he?" She motioned to Dragon.