2. Ghost Dog & New Friend

(Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this new chapter)

My Dad noticed the blush on my face and quickly pushed me behind him, growing overprotective by the second.

I sighed at his protective antics, but Jack just smiled seeming like he didn't mind, perhaps he understood.

"Have you come to a decision?" Jack asked turning his attention back to my father.

"Yes-" Dad began.

"I think it's a great idea!" I exclaimed, cutting off my father.

"Y-you do?" Jack asked tilting his head a bit.

"Yes! Of course, all of the leaders meeting each other and being able to meet the residents of other holidays! So many new friendships would be made! And we could learn so many new things that we didn't know before!" I beamed happily.

*Jack's p.o.v*

I stared at Y/N with a smile on my face. Finally, someone who understands where I'm coming from! I don't mean to hurt any of the holidays, I just want to bring them together.

Her eyes glimmered in hope and admiration as she blabbered on and on. I didn't mind it though, it was nice to see someone had the same mindset as me.

"Yes! That's exactly how I feel! It'll be so much more cheerful and happy if everyone around here were friends! And not just people who happened to have a tree next to each other!" I beamed.

"I see you two will get along just fine!" The mayor said with a smile.

"Not too much, though" Her father stated. I looked at him in confusion. I pushed the comment aside because I wasn't quite sure what he meant. Why would he not want us to get along?

"So, now we must wait until we hear from the other holidays!" I said.

"Excuse me, Jack" Y/N piped up as she walking closer to me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Do you have animals in Halloween town? I love animals! And if you do...what kinds?" She asked curiously.

"We have all types of animals!" I answered. I turned around. "ZERO!" I called.

Zero came from the direction of the grave yard and floated towards me quickly. I pattern his head and he barked happily.

*Y/N's p.o.v*

Zero? That was the name I saw on the dog house grave! So that means...the dog is dead, but he's a ghost! So would that also mean, that the graves were the graves of the people in Halloween Town? I shivered at the thought.

It seems that the people here have probably gotten used to it, but I don't know if I would be able to. I mean, walking around and technically being alive and then you see your name on a grave, just to remind you...that you're dead....maybe I'm wrong...maybe their graves aren't there...it could have been just Zero's.

"Y/N...Y/N" I was snapped out of my thoughts by my father. I looked over at him and he laughed.

"You zoned out...what were you thinking about?" Jack asked.

"Oh...nothing important...so how long have you had Zero?" I asked.

"Since...I'm not sure actually...I don't remember life before I died...I just remember waking up with Zero by my side...so technically...for as long as I can remember" Jack explained.

He talks about death with such ease...like it's a normal occurrence... I mean everyone will die eventually, but it's sad to think that it has become apart of his daily routine...

"Can I pet him?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course! He's very friendly" Jack beamed. I looked over at my Dad who looked unsure about it. I let Zero sniff me before actually petting him. I didn't want to scare him.

I went to pet him and my hand fell through him. I quickly pulled away, feeling extremely bad. That felt so...so strange. Is it rude to do that? Is it offensive to accidentally go through a ghost?

Jack and the Mayor simply laughed. I looked at them in confusion.

"Wh-what's so funny?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. I forgot Zero was a ghost for a second there..." Jack said with a smile.

"So, what I just did...it isn't rude?" I asked worriedly.

"Not in the slightest, don't worry" Jack said. "You just have to be careful when petting him" Jack took my hand causing me to blush like crazy.

"It's simple really" Jack stated. Father pulled me away before the hand holding could continue any longer.

"How about we change the subject?" Dad suggested.

"Father, it's fine" I mumbled. He ignored me and looked over at the Mayor.

"Is there anything else we should know?" Father asked.

I looked around becoming bored very quickly. I began to walk away without anyone noticing, except Zero, of course

I smiled and waved to all the residents. Most of them waved back while others looked at me in confusion.

I came across a girl sitting in a field of grass. Her hair was long and bright red. Her skin was blue and she appeared to be a Frankenstein.

Her leg was not attached to her body and she was grabbing some sewing things out of a basket. I decided to start up and conversation, she looked nice.

"Hello!" I said walking over to her. She gasped and quickly looked up. She sighed in relief when she saw me.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else" She apologized.

"Its fine! What's your name?" I asked as I sat down in front of her.

"Sally..." She answered. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me. "You're not from Halloween Town...are you?" She asked.

"Nope...My name's Y/N! The daughter of Cupid, from Valentines Town!" I introduced myself.

"Valentines Day! Oh, I've always loved that Holiday!" Sally beamed.

"Why, thank you!" I said with a smile. She laughed and noticed Zero was with me.

"Oh! You're here because of Jack's suggestion to bring the Holidays together!" Sally realized.

"Nothing gets passed you" I giggled.

"So, did you say 'yes'" Sally asked.

"Yup! It took some convincing cause my Dad wasn't 100% sure about it...but I got him on board" I explained. "I feel like this is the start of a great new friendship!"

(Hope you enjoyed! Bye!)