NINETEEN

It was a good thing putting her in her place last night, now she will stop watching him like a hawk and asking questions. But why is it that even after his self-convincing, he is in the kitchen making apology breakfast for Gianna? He can't bring himself to answer that question.

"Hmm, breakfast." Sarah attempts to pick up the sausage on the plate before her when Nico slaps her hand and brings the plate closer to him.

"Ouch, the fuck?" Sarah removes her hand and blows on it.

"Not for you," Nico says carrying the plates to the dining.

"But I am hungry, and I have exams this morning." She grumbles.

"I don't care."

"Is there a woman in the basement? Don't tell me you are making breakfast for her, are you?"

"Don't you have exams to worry about?" Nico retorts.

Sarah rolls her eyes. "Could you at least give me cash to get donuts on the way?"

Nico puts his hands in his pockets and hands her money.

"Thanks," She says walking out of the kitchen.

"What about the twins?" Nico asks.

"Sleeping, they are done with their exams. Lucky fucks. " She says walking out.

Just as she walks out Beth walks in. Nico groans, why is everyone awake except Gianna.

"Good morning to you too," Beth says walking into the room. "Hmm, you made breakfast."

"Again, I didn't make breakfast for any of you. Have you seen Gianna?"

"Ann? She left early this morning, hoping to catch the Mayor before he enters his office. Don't tell me you made breakfast for her?" Beth raises her eyebrows at him.

"Y'all need to mind business," Nico says defensively confirming the breakfast is indeed for Gianna.

"That girl has quite an imagination on how things should look in this town. It's almost cute."

"She's new, soon she will want to leave as everyone wants to in this town. They don't just have the balls to."

"But you do, don't you?"

Nico looks at his sister and he gives a small smile. He knows she's interrogating him.

"Hmm," He responds.

"I know you are up to something."  She says.

There is it, what she wanted to say. Nico moves closer to his sister.

"And I know you are up to something."

"I am allowed to be up to something. I don't have a parole officer watching my every move."

Beth pauses for a while before she continues, "If I had any plan, it will be for our family's safety. Don't mess it up with whatever you are up to." She tries to reason with her brother.

Nico does not doubt Beth's intentions of helping the family but his problem is she thinks too small, they all think too small.

"I don't even know what you are talking about." Nico denies.

He isn't going to admit he has plans.

Beth scoffs, there's no use trying to get him to behave. Nico does whatever Nico wants.

Nico walks out of the dining, "You can eat the breakfast."

"Asshole," Beth says under her breath.

~~~