prologue

do you ever just feel like you're drowning?

not literally, but you can feel yourself going under and you can't do anything about it.

it's like the world just wants you to feel something but, you can't because you're so numb.

just numb.

so you keep floating in the whirlwind of the worlds disasters while it's telling you to get up and do something about it, but you just can't.

then, one thing after the next is thrown at you until you can't take it anymore and just give in.

slowly, the water fills your lungs while you gasp for that desperation of what?

hope, acceptance, validation, love?

or how about life?

but it's not possible, life doesn't just drown its people; it gives them a purpose - a motive and a reason to keep breathing.

so why do i feel nothing? nothing at all.

                            •            •            •

" hey, skylar! skylar?" john b called out pulling me away from my thoughts.

i got up from lying down on my surf board, the waves rocking me back and forth.

there was a gentle breeze in the air, it was calming but still the perfect zone for you to get lost and trapped within yourself.

"what are you still doing out here?" john b asked swimming over to me, worry laced in his voice.

the sky was completely dark, the only source of light being the stars that sprawled above, just like their own ocean of life.

i shook my head trying to be clear minded on how i ended up out here.

"uh, i just lost track of time i guess" i responded confusion evident within my words.

john b grabbed a side of my board pushing us to shore, i felt the chills arising on me from the time spent in the water without any sun.

making it to the sandy grounds, john b helped me up with his gentle grip.

"i was worried about you sky, don't do that to me again" he said wrapping a towel around me, pulling me into his comforting embrace.

we stayed like that for a minute, his head atop of mine as he ran his fingers through my wet hair.

"you don't run off like that, are you sure you're okay?" he asked pulling apart his hands resting on my shoulders.

"yeah, i'm fine" i said giving him a quick reassuring smile.

was i okay?

this is where it all started, a summer for the books.

• • •

___________________
k a l' s     c o r n e r   :))

hey hey !! yes i know there's
been a lot of changes with 
this book but i went back
after a month of not
uploading and i realized how
there is so much more i can add!

if you've read my announcement
you know that i'm making changes
to the plot line and how the story
leads :))

so as of now, new chapters are going
to be added that have nothing to do
with the show- more so fillers that
revolve around the plot line !!

that means i won't have to follow a
script too often and i think it's so
much more creative !

if you're new, or not i hope you
enjoy this book, i'm really trying
my best to put as much light
onto mental health and it's
stigma.

remember, you are loved and
deeply cared about.

always.

love you the most,

kal <3