Youth

"I like you. I think. Probably." Jon stuttered, his feet shuffling awkwardly beneath him. It was a beautiful snowy Christmas day and Damian and Jon had huddled up in a corner of the large party that was pure chaos in Clark Kent's home.

"I don't." Damian, only 12, replied. He had sneaked out of his mansion for some time away from the more sophisticated party occurring in his mansion. Bruce forced Dick and the rest if his brothers to attend, believing that Damian would willingly attend. However, Damian was feeling rather sick of Bruce's associates, who constantly made disgusting smiles at Damian, Damian could already see their disgusting minds forming scheme after scheme to use the young boy for personal gain.

Damian's rejection came smoothly, as if asking for someone to pass the salt since Damian believed Jon to be pulling his leg.

Unfortunately, the poor sincere Jon was left heartbroken for the rest of the night, sadly sitting beside his young crush in awkward silence. "Dami, why..."

"Stop joking around Jon." Damian whispered, unknowing cuddling closer toward Jon. They watched as the adults and teens cheerfully bickered and drank, some already wobbling toward the toilets.

"I'm not joking Dami..." Jon pouted, letting Damian come closer and let him lean on his shoulder. Despite both boys not having gone through puberty yet and Damian being older, Jon was already taller than Damian by a few centre meters.

"... Then I like you too." Damian yawned, his eyes closing. He was tired from all the commotion around him and was considerably more relaxed than ever considering there was no one charging at him with a sword.

"Really Dami?!" Jon's mood lifted, and so did his shoulder, making Damian's head roll off and snap awake.

Stretching is arms above him, Damian yawned again, causing Jon to yawn in return. Smiling sleepily at each other. Eventually, when the party disperses, Clark will receive fierce knockings on his front door, where Bruce will greet him in a suit with presents and looking for his missing son.

They would find the two young boys huddled together, a blanket wrapped around them, behind the large Christmas tree in the living room. Clark and Bruce would sigh and smile at the sight and carefully, so as to not wake them, pick them up to go home. Much to Damian's displeasure the next morning.