✳ACT 2 ✳ scene 1✳

INTRODUCTION
〰♣♣〰♣♣〰♣♣〰

What is your worst fear? Mine is being hunted by my husband's debt as I am with my father's. I fear that if I have a son tomorrow, he may be like his father or even, my father.

Some say gambling is a disease, some say it's an addiction, others says it's a spirit. What do you say it is?

At a point my father was a champion in his sport; I saw how much he made until one evening. We had a knock on the door. Innocently, I opened the door; little did I know that my father was literally hiding from him. He was huge and dark, holding a mean face that his eyes widen up like he was the world's scariest movie. His hair was a bit full with a gold tint at the left side of his head. I stared at him murmuring "we are being robbed". I wish.

The BOSS had come to collect. It was an August visit in September.

〰♣♣〰♣♣〰

ACT 2

Scene 1

February29th, 1996
Pleasure hotel, mainland
{Enter Mr. Walter (a.k.a BOSS) and Ubong}

UBONG

Two escorting Ubong to the Boss (Raising both hands a little above his head, with a closed fist sliding back and forth as a sign of respect) Boss, I greet you oo.

MR. WALTER

Ubong my man.(He waves his hand as a sign that the men should leave) How things dey go na?

[Interpretation: how is everything?]

UBONG

Fine. Boss you sent for me

MR. WALTER

Yes Ubong. You know you are my star player and I have somebody who is betting with a huge sum of money. And the catch is, if he loses, he will bet more with more money.

UBONG

Why so?

MR. WALTER

Maybe because he thinks he's the best.

UBONG

Hmmmm

MR. WALTER

Yes but, he hasn't met my one and only champion. Ubong,(moving towards him) you are going to make me rich and proud. And you are also going to be famous and rich. What do you say?

UBONG

(Without thinking) Oh, yes I'm in.

MR. WALTER

Good, good. You know you owe me a lot of money. And you know the money you'll get from this game, if you win, is not enough to pay back. (Moving to the window in his office)

UBONG

I understand that Boss.

MR. WALTER

So, you must win. And only that will make him fix a date for a rematch. Win that too, and consider all your debt paid.

UBONG

Yes Boss. I'll bring in my best.

MR. WALTER

Bring in more than your best because the game is this afternoon.

UBONG

Yes boss. I will.

MR. WALTER

Good. You can leave.

UBONG

Thanks Boss.

[Exit]

______________________________________

〰♣♣〰♣♣〰

Words (458)