Talking | Chapter 6

Wake up in the morning I got sleeping on my mind 💤💤

I don't feel like proof reading it right now cause I just wanna pass out 😴

- - - - -

Recap

He sighs, before putting away his phone. God, he's tired. Maybe this is all just one bad dream. As he tries to fall asleep, he has a sudden thought. 

'What if the old hag feels bad? Is she worried now? Would she be..happy? If I came back?'  Katsuki shakes his head. No way. She wanted this. She's never happy when it comes to him. Why would she change now?

He closes his eyes, drifting asleep with these thoughts in mind.

Katsuki wakes up around 10am. Which was weird, he usually wakes up at 6am. 

Brushing it off, he checks his phone, and sees that Eijirou called and texted him. Before he could call him back, Inko walks in. "Oh, good morning!" Katsuki gets out of the futon. "Don't know why I slept so late." Inko smiles, before walking over to the couch and sitting down. "You're fine, dear! Izuku doesn't usually wake up till 12!" She glances over at Katsuki's face, noticing the bruise from yesterday. She really wants to ask what happened, but she doesn't want to push anything. 

"Come sit over here on the couch." He got up from his futon and slowly walked over to the couch, plopping down onto it. "Katsuki, you know you can stay here whenever you want. But, I need to ask, what happened for you to come over here? I know you and Izuku don't get along these days, so you never want to come here." She puts her hand on his knee. "I need to know if someone is hurting you." 

The way Inko looked at Katsuki made him weak. It wasn't a look of pity, it was pure concern and he knew that. She's always been like that, always been able to make anyone tell the truth. He absolutely hated it. It made tears well up in his eyes.

"Dammit.." He says, rubbing his eyes. "Don't tell Deku..please. He doesn't need to know." 

"Of course, this will stay between us." She smiles. Katsuki looks away, gathering his words. "I..don't know where to start.." 

"That's fine. Would it be easier if I just asked you questions?" He thinks about it, before nodding slowly. "Alright..Who hit you?" Katsuki sighs. "The ha- uh, my mom." Inko's eyes widen. "I'm sorry that happened. Why did she do that?" 

"I was making her dinner for mothers day and we started fighting cause I made a mess. I guess it turned into something worse." Inko nods. "Did she kick you out?" Katsuki shakes his head. "Not really. She said..something that hurt. Bad. So I ran out." Inko looks at him sadly. "What did she say?" Katsuki looks down, silent. "That..I was the worse mistake of her life.." He whispers, ashamed that he's being so weak in front of her. "Oh my god! Katsuki, I'm so sorry that happened to you, you aren't a mistake." Tears welled up in his eyes because of the recent memory. "But she always tells the truth. She said that she would always tell me the truth, even if it hurt. She wouldn't say that I was a mistake if I wasn't." Inko shakes her head. "No, no you're not a mistake, sweetie. I don't know why the hell she would say that but you're not a mistake at all." Katsuki wipes his eyes. "No, you don't understand. I'm not how I was when I was little." 

"No matter how different you are, you aren't a mistake. Trust m-" Katsuki stands up abruptly. "No! You don't understand, Auntie! I bullied Deku, for years! Sure, I'm not like that anymore and I've apologized, but still! I'm not the same person you knew!" Inko's eyes widen and she sits still for a while. Katsuki now has huge tears rolling down his face. Inko has tears in her eyes as well.

After a minute of silence, Inko shakily sighs. "Katsuki, I'm glad you apologized and I'm sure you aren't the same. But even if you were a really bad person, which you aren't, you still wouldn't deserve to hear that from your own mom. No one should have to hear that."