✰ Chapter 9 (Epilogue) ✰

"I knew it. We all knew it." Ginny said repeatedly as myself, Ginny, Harry and Ron walked around the lake the next day.

"How long have you actually been together?" Asked Harry. I rolled my eyes.

"I swear, mate. Only since last night." Said Ron. Harry gave us a suspicious glance. I punched him lightly on the shoulder.

"Did you two... y'know... fuck?" Asked Ginny.

We were silent for a moment and then burst out laughing.

Ron squeezed my hand. "We are going to take it slow." I smiled gratefully at him.

"Come on, you've taken it slow enough. It's been, what, five, six years?" Said Ginny, snickering. I rolled my eyes and looked at Ron who had an amused expression fixed on his face.

"You lost Fred a galleon, by the way. The boys were betting on how long it would take you two to get together." Said Ginny giggling. I rolled my eyes. I took Ron's hand and we walked a few steps in front of Harry and Ginny, back towards the castle. We walked, both smiling at each other. I noticed Harry and Ginny had gone seemingly quiet. I tapped Ron on the shoulder and he looked at me. I nodded my head back at them and we both turned at the same time.

Ron and I watched as their hands let go and they took a step away from each other, staring at the ground. I looked at Ginny, who smiled guiltily. I looked at Ron who seemed shocked. I pushed him playfully, and he turned back to me. He raised his eyebrows, seemingly delighted. I grabbed his hand and we ran back to the castle, laughing hysterically about the fact that we had caught a small moment between Ginny and Harry.

☆☆☆

Back in the Common Room, we relaxed at our favourite spot in front of the fire. Ron was lying on the couch, and I was laying on top of him, resting my head on his chest. I had a blanket over me. The Common Room began to empty, as people went to bed. Harry and Ginny soon left, leaving Ron and I in the Common Room alone.

"Y'know, Ginny had a point. What took you so long?" I asked, snickering.

"You're joking." He said. "I wanted to kiss you during our bloody detention. I wanted to kiss you up on the Astronomy Tower, which seemed a bit inappropriate, considering you were crying. I wanted to kiss you at the Christmas Ball, which also seemed inappropriate considering we weren't talking and we both had dates. I wanted to kiss you that night by the pond, at the Burrow, but the bloody rain began. I wanted to kiss you in the kitchen, so badly, but my brother interrupted. I've wanted you the whole time, Y/N."

I gave him a quick kiss and then snuggled into his chest. I pulled the blanket around me tighter. He played with my hair as I stared happily into the fire, watching the embers glow warmly.

☆☆☆

And that is the story of how my best friend finally became my whole world.

Ronald Weasley, you absolute moron.

You have my bloody heart.