FURTHER INFORMATION

species: descendant of the demon/goddess lilith 

original lilith backstory: 

the goddess elizabeth was not an only child. in fact, she was born with a twin sister whose name was lilith. growing up, lilith was very close with the four archangels as well as ludociel's younger brother, mael with whom she shared a sibling like relationship with. 

when the holy war started, elizabeth as well as lilith quickly became feared by their enemies for their fierceness when it came to fighting. the demon clan eventually dubbed elizabeth as 'the bloodstained ellie' while lilith became known as 'the bloodstained lili' because of the pain and the slaughter that was inflicted on their enemies. 

at some point after the battle, lilith met the demon kings oldest son, meliodas whilst exploring the nearby mountains and quickly became friends with him. during their time together, the pair would talk about their dreams for the future as well as their wishes for piece this eventually led to the pair falling in love with each other and the pair wedded in secret and the only person who knew was mael. 

unfortunately for lilith elizabeth also met meliodas and was instantly lovestruck by the male demon. this also led to elizabeth quite clearly expressing her interest by constantly asking meliodas out on dates, this led to meliodas and lilith exposing their secret marriage to elizabeth. 

overcome with jealousy and envy, elizabeth exposed her sisters and meliodas's  secret in hopes of her sister being punished and that melioda's would fall in love with her. she was right about one thing, her sister was punished by their mother and was stripped off her role as a goddess and was casted out for her betrayal. along with her banishment, lilith was cursed by her mother to become reincarnated every time she died as a human nd the only way she would be able to break the curse was if she found all of her future soulmates before she died.  

after the curse was set, seven crimson coloured tattoo's appeared all over her body. each tattoo was of a different animal.

overcome with rage lilith's powers changed and became darker than ever. her magic which had once been used to heal became malevolent and gained the ability to kill whatever it touched. she became a demon because of the amount of rage and betrayal she felt. 

lilith went into hiding shortly after she was banished and didn't contact anyone at all, not even mael. 

nobody knew where she went not even meliodas who became depressed and angered when he caught wind of his wife's banishment. he became determined to find his wife and searched far and wide for her and he killed anyone who got in his way. 

meliodas searched for years (during which elizabeth herself had become cursed by their mother and the demon king and had the same curse as her sister) and was about to give up but became hopeful when he heard rumors of a white haired woman with blue eyes who was rumored to have been a demon because of her demon like powers. 

meliodas travelled a few more hours before he finally found the hideout of his wife. overjoyed meliodas and lilith spent the next few months together and lived happily. peace was re-established between the two sisters once lilith had found out that elizabeth had the same curse as she did. the two sisters promised each other that they would both help each other find their soulmates and that they would never hurt each other ever again. 

the trio lived peacefully for another year before lilith was brutally raped and murdered by a demon who was angered by meliodas and his betrayal (his marriage with lilith).