Background #1

Setting: Meteor City

  Author's  pov

   " Come on guys let me play!!" whine 12-year-old y/n" 

The young Phantom Troupe was relaxing in their own little group circle. 

Uvo and Nobunaga were wrestling Well Uvo was, Nobunaga was getting his butt kicked, Chrollo and Shizuku were playing a game of chess with pieces made of trash found nearby, Phinks and Shalnark were complaining about the scorching heat, and then of course there was little Y/n who wanted to be included in Uvo and Nobu's fight. 

" Sure why no-. " Uvo was just about to start. " No, she's far too weak" Shizuku her sister butted in. 

Y/n didn't know why her older sister didn't let her do anything with the troupe. She thought maybe she just didn't want her to get hurt or maybe it was because of her growing teen's emotions. She thought positive, it wasn't that she couldn't handle bad thoughts. It was because her parents abandoned her and her sister at only 1 and 5, and they ate the rich peoples' scraps each night, and she simply didn't have enough room for corrupted thinking. 

" Oh come on it's just some fun" Nobu stated.

"I SAID NO" Shizuku screamed. Almost as if she was on her last nerve. 

" Sorry y/n we tried," Uvo told her. 

" It's ok, I didn't want to play that much anyway. welp, I'll be out of everyone's hair. " Y/n told the troupe as they watched her sadly walk away. 

She was going to go looking for food for everyone. Maybe use it as an apology for being a burden. She spent hours looking for some safe garbage scrapes, not hunting for tiny animals since she didn't want to take a risk of getting a disease-ridden one, as must were. Shizuku yelled at her the last time she did that. But that's ok she thought, it was her fault anyway. 

When Y/n finally came back she was dirty and bloody. Bloody because she miss placed her foot and stepped on a nasty razor someone threw out. But when she got to the troupe's hang out spot they were already feasting. They had been eating a lucky deer with no illness. she looked around and saw no one left a place for her. Or even a little meat for her to have. 

She sighed and walked to the little hut she and her sister shared. To eat the rancid vegetables by herself. It wasn't the best meal someone could eat, like the one her make shifted family was eating. but it will do she told her self. 

Words: 431

Hey, everyone!! This is my first serious book on here. Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it. Pls Vote and comment it would help the book get out more!! I love u All and if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here. - Author