𝟖. 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭'𝐬

"You absolute bloody idiot, Cher! Honestly what goes through your pea brain?"

Cher limped back to her common room in hopes she'd be showered with love, apologies from Ares, and kind words about her broken leg except it was Pansy and Draco scolding her repetively like her Mum.

"For once I agree with Malfoy! You and Ares are so goddamn reckless!"

Cher's blue eyes shifted onto Ares, who had the exact same exhausted look. He mouthed, 'They've been going on like this for the past hour.' She didn't expect Draco to be so vocal.

At least they cared.

"Okay, okay. I appreciate the fact that you love me but stop yelling please." Cher took her two hands and covered their mouths. "I could have gotten worse, just keep that in your mind."

"Yeah, all you got was a broken leg, thank Merlin." Pansy rolled her eyes.

"What're those?" Draco muttered with interest, swiping one of the crutches away from Cher and nearly knocking her off of her feet.

"Christ, Draco! They're a muggle device that helps me walk." she made a noise of discomfort, snatching back the object. "Now I don't know if my date with Josie still stands because if my boots can barely trek through the snow then how will these?"

Pansy's head shot up as her face slowly became red. "Yes! Actually, I think it'd be best if you stay home instead of Hogsmeade trips."

"God, let her live Pansy."

"All I'm saying Ares, is that if she gets more hurt then the more she'll have to wear those things." Pansy started to scoff. "And I'm sure Cher doesn't want to look like more of an idiot holding those things around the school."

"Harsh.." Ares muttered, feeling taken aback at her insult though it wasn't towards him.

"You think I look like an idiot?" Cher said, more in disbelief rather than hurt.

"Uh-" Pansy stammered. "Yeah, don't you think so too, Malfoy?"

Draco shrugged. "Stupider than she usally does? Not really."

"Thanks Dray," Cher mono-toned, accepting his helping hand. "I think I'm just gonna go to bed now.. um see you guys around."

Pansy could only feel guilty for blabbing about her appearance. Of course Cher didn't look idiotic, did she ever? Absolute moron, Parkinson.

Cher entered her room and shut it quietly, only thoughts rendering in her small head. She knew Pansy was snarky at times but she never thought of any of her meaningless insults to come at her. She looked up from her stance, seeing Josie stand there with wide eyes.

"Cher- I'm so glad you're okay!" she grinned, capturing the girl in a hug. "Oh I see you've got crutches. I broke my leg in the third grade once playing soccer and had to get them too, don't worry I hope the nurse here is good enough to make a potion that'll heal your leg-"

Cher plugged Josie's rambling mouth promptly.

"Glad..you're..kay." Josie mumbled through her hand as she slowly let it go.

"Thanks Josie. I hope tomorrow won't have to be post-poned though.."

"Oh no worries. Unless you feel sick or sore or something, I'll help you get through the snow." Josie offered.

"..Thanks Josie." Cher stifled her quiet laugh. "I'll look forward to tomorrow then."

Dressed in an overly sized dress coat, and the juniper wool beanie Molly insisted to knit for all of her eight children for the holidays, she got up and out of bed with a smile she hadn't felt for a while. Granted it was a bit hard to tred through the snow, but Josie didn't seem to mind her fumbling, in fact they had fallen over together at least five times into the pillowy snow on the way to Madam Puddifoot's.