heather

even if she was trying to stand out, even if deep down she was actually afraid of failing, even if she was never sure of herself.
She was there, wearing a beautiful white dress, wearing it elegantly and pompous, just like a princess from fairy tales.

Paimon encouraged her to go, believed her words and made her feel confident in attending the celebration at the winery.

"you will be a beautiful princess, believe me that he will notice you tonight "

The words of her little friend echoed in her head like a memory, yet those words were not enough to motivate her in those moments.

She was the only girl who did not have a dance partner, she was also the only one who was alone and apart from the rest of the people, Waiting to capture with his eyes the figure of the man he was waiting for, She wanted to see that crimson haired boy dance and gracefully present himself to the public, but
He, although he was the host of the party, it was already after 11 at night and there was still no sign of him.

Bored, she went up the stairs to the second floor to stop in front of the doors leading to the balcony, she needed some fresh air and she also needed to feel safe. When she opened the doors she could feel a blizzard of wind just hitting her face, it was cold outside compared to inside and she liked that,  She needed fresh air to think clearly about what she would do next and put her plan in place to stand out.
But even if she wanted to remain alone in those moments, her wishes were not fulfilled. A deep voice called her name behind her, she knew that voice perfectly.

" What is a beautiful lady doing here so alone? "
His confident and sympathetic voice made her feel calm.

" I'm not a lady, I just wanted to get away from the party airs a bit and be alone"
But of course that last thing made the blue haired gentleman laugh.

" I'm sorry to have interrupted your loneliness but... You know perfectly well that I did not come just for this"
Even if he was someone with a nice and flirtatious mood, his voice detonated seriousness. " I don't know where that fool is but I don't like seeing you here so sad, I came only for you if something like this happened and as I expected, If it happened"
he felt sorry for her for being someone still hopeful.

" He will come, I'm sure ... Besides I just thought that ... It would be a little fun to come here with you."

" But it's not what you really want"

And yes
Kaeya was right. As much as she loved her friend, that was not what she wanted tonight. Something that hurt him

But as if their wishes had finally been heard, another voice broke into their conversation, a voice that was not directed at them but at another person who was nearby.
A voice that he had very well kept in his head, that he always loved to listen to when she could and more when he laughed...

" I must go, they are waiting for me. It was fun having this talk with you, Miss Lumine..."
Then he laughed gently and confidently, a laugh that for the first time she did not recognize in her life.

" See you later, good luck in your speech. I must go now because you know, knight missions. Dresses are not my thing "
And another laugh was heard down the hall.

" Even if you do not consider these things to your liking, I must tell you that you look beautiful... "

And with those last words her heart stopped, tears threatened to leak from her eyes and her back hunched over to hold onto the balcony bars. Although those words had been pure and sincere, it hurt.

"This is the first time I have heard that coming from you, Master Diluc"
The irony came out of his mouth from her

" Just Diluc is ok"

And both young people laughed again, that being the last of their talk that had concluded.

After that, silence was only heard for a few seconds, the only thing that could be heard afterwards was his heavy breathing that tried to hold his sadness and then the steps of the winery owner.
A few steps getting closer and closer to where she was.

But as if everything had stopped for a moment, Strong arms surrounded her small body, being a shield for her and a refuge.

" I'm sorry to interrupt you, but if you want to have your flirt I kindly ask you to be after or outside the party "
And he was already there, in the same place as them, watching them without a hint of compassion or affection, just bitterness and revulsion.

"You should be nicer, here's a girl present"
Even if he kept turning his back on her, Kaeya replied with the same strong tone and furious

" I only ask you to leave if you want to do your personal things in private, this is not a suitable place "even after hearing himself angry and rude, his tone relaxed when he asked something else.
" Still, I want to ask you something before you go. If you meet [Name]—"
And he was interrupted.

"What do you want me to say for you? Why don't you go yourself?"
Hate was no longer something that could be hidden only with fancy words.

" It is not necessary, that's why I leave it to you.
Tell [Name] that tomorrow I have a mission for her, something that only she can accomplish"
But then a bitter laugh was heard coming from the blue knight

" God, Diluc... You really just want me to say that and that's it? I mean, who knows? she could be at the dance today"

" If you say so it's because she is surely here but I doubt to find her in such a crowd and I really don't have time for this, I should go now "
The owner of the winery sighed heavily, He no longer wanted to continue talking to him and as a last warning he only said goodbye to them without interest.
But when he was about to leave the place completely, out of the corner of his eye he could finally see her, that girl with tears in her eyes and with an empty gaze towards the horizon. The girl Kaeya protected so much ... That girl was.

" [Name]—"

Even so, the owner of the winery could not say anything else, he was interrupted by boos from the guests of the place.

Until finally he left... Without caring about anything else.

her tears were finally spilled down to her cheeks, emotions finally overpowered her and that was how her heart was slowly destroyed.

¿Why did you think it could have stood out?

Why did you think you might have had a chance if you dressed up cute for him?

She wasn't even pretty

But bitter, everything tasted bitter

And yet, with one last breath before being caught up in sadness and disappointment, she told her friend

"wish I were Lumine ... "
Before her being held tightly by Kaeya

Note:
I changed the form of the dialogs cuz
I told myself that if this was going to be an English novel, I should adapt to how the other English novels were JA

Ye guys i want SAD things
And if someone else managed to understand the oneshort reference, this was inspired by a song.
As always I hope that if they see some kind of flaw or something they will let me know, I really want to improve my English
And c ya later guys.