The Feast To Die For

After three more rotations of dancing the sun sets in the distance. A short recess is called before the royal feast. The two lovers change into lighter, more comfortable dinnerware. 

The room is filled with candles and circular tables. The only exception being the royal table. Stone and Ivo sit on the long side facing the rest of the party dead center. 

By the second remove Ivo has sobered up completely. He eats politely chatting with Stone's family.

"Thank you so much for all of this. I hope my son does you well." Stone's father tips his glass in Ivo's direction.

"I should be thanking you for allowing me to take the hand of such a radiant young man in marriage." Ivo doesn't really think that highly of anything. Flattery for Robotnik is merely a means to maintain a positive public face.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is it that half of the table is empty?" Stone asks,  flicking his tail.

"It's to remain visible to the people."

"And the two open chairs to your left?"

"Oh. That's nothing much. In elvish culture it's customary to reserve the two seats on either end of the table for the parents…and well, they remain reserved for those who have none."

"If it is of any comfort, I welcome you as a part of our family." Stone's mother chimes in, gently tugging on the prince's ear. Stone acts annoyed but appears to understand what he did wrong.

"Thank you." Ivo wipes his eyes with a napkin.

Conversation drifts to small talk by the fourth remove. Stone has had his fair share of wine out of what is apparently boredom.

Ivo can't help but notice Stone's clothes all night have gradually become more and more revealing. His hair visible at the dance and now his shoulders. Ivo looks over to him and sees him shivering. 

"No need to quake in fear. I don't bite… yet." Robotnik leans over in a quiet voice.

"Hm?" Stone rubs his shoulders drunkenly swaying in the underground breeze.

Ivo furrows his brows. "If your teeth keep chattering like that you might catch a cold." He unfastens his outer cloak and drapes it over the other. It would be quite a waste to let such an instrumental piece of his plan die of something as simple as hypothermia or the common cold. Someone in the crowd lets out a soft 'awww~'.