Where are we?

Aaaaand I am back! YAY. Enthusiasm!😂....I am just being lame ain't I? Yeah, well, too bad. I am back with book two from the Maze Runner series, THE SCORCH TRIALS! So just a quick warning the beginning is just all over the place because I was low on ideas...it gets better...I think...

Summer...

The endless ride in the helicopter was rather uncomfortable. As much as I wanted to drift off to sleep I realized every time that I was a thousand feet above the ground. And the idea of falling into sweet dreamland was suddenly interrupted. Most everyone was asleep. Winter sure looked like she was dead, but the steady rising and falling of her chest assured me that she was just asleep. I don't blame them, we had quite a rough day behind us, and it was already so late. 

My head was leaned against Newt's shoulder, and I was focused on the ground mainly. You could call it some sort of daze when I was partially asleep, but my eyes were still opened. I was moving my left foot from left to right softly. I wasn't even thinking about it, and I didn't even know how I started with it in the first place. All I knew was that it was slowly putting me to sleep as it was calming the nervousness that built up inside me. 

My mind seemed to be preoccupied with all sorts of thoughts the whole ride. Like the picture of Glade from above. It was imprinted into my mind, and I doubt I will be ever getting rid of that. I spent shucking three years there, not knowing what exactly it was. Just trying to find our way out, only to find out that it was really just some sick test. 

Chuck was also in my thoughts. We promised him to get him out. He wanted to get out and find his family. We were already so close and then...bang. Some things in life won't work out the way we want them to. One would think that after so many years I would get used to losing people, but it still hurts the same if not more. Because with every death, we are just reminded that there must be something we are doing wrong.

The only thing we can do now is believe that the rest of us will finally be safe. But if I should judge the situation by the looks of it...we are in a strange helicopter...with unknown people, and we are flying only shucking gods know where for endless hours already. Not the definition of safe so far. Let's just hope we will be landing soon and that we will find out some more information. 

"Alright kids, we will be landing!" The man that has been here with us the whole time said loudly causing everyone to jerk awake. "When we touch down you need to sprint inside the building. Don't look back and don't stop. Just run as fast as possible." We all nodded. Not like we had much of a choice anyway. He didn't have to be so mean about it.

The helicopter started shaking and I grabbed on Newt in fright. I hate traveling like this. It's horrible, unnatural and I want to get out of here! I looked down to calm myself a bit and I noticed someone's hand there next to my knee. Well, that one sure isn't mine and it isn't Newt's either. I followed the limb towards its owner, only to see the face of a sleeping Thomas. How is he still asleep? Did someone knock him out? 

"Um, I think someone should wake him," I said matter of factly, pointing at the boy that was out cold on the floor still. Newt peeked over me at the sleeping boy and chuckled. He went to nudge him when the helicopter started shaking. I guess we landed. Not so smooth if I may add.

"Come on get off!" The man yelled pushing us all out of the helicopter. Newt and I were with the first ones to be pushed out. My feet hit the soft sand and in a matter of seconds, I was pushed forward to run. My feet didn't even fully adjust to the surface when I was forced to move. Tripping over my own legs, I was trying to move as fast as I could. 

Gunshot echoed behind us which caused me to look back. My eyes caught on the figures running clumsily down the hill. Some seemed to be limping, some were moving in quite weird ways as if they were missing some bones in their body, or their tendons weren't attached correctly to the bone. I stopped running and took a long look at the figures. Squinting my eyes I realized they looked similar to the pictures we were shown on the screen before.