Chapter Four: Awkward Dinner

I began pacing back and forth in my room.

Did we really know each other when we were younger? I didn't know what to think anymore. I sat on my bed and next thing you know I fell asleep...

I woke up 30 minutes later and I still heard the laughter and chatting coming from downstairs. They're still here? I groaned loudly. Ya Allah please help my struggles of being a teen with problems.

"Haneen please come down" My mom said from behind the door. I took a deep breath, opened the door and stepped out and smiled at her in reassurance, but still stood in place for who knows how long. "Are you going to come down and eat or stand there and stare at the wall?" She asked jokingly.

"I was just thinking about what food you could have made" I lied smoothly and followed her down the stairs. I smiled and said my salams as I sat down quickly. There was an awkward silence as we ate.

Sumaya tried to make some conversation, "Haneen what college are you thinking of going?"

Cliche much? I thought and answered with "I'm thinking of New York University or University of Chicago"

She gasped and said " Well you better go to New York University because you can't marry in Chicago" I choked on my water.

"Are you okay?" Ummi asked.

" Who exactly am I going to marry?" I shot Sumaya and ignored Ummi.

Then Abdullah broke his silence, seeing the tension, "Your mother didn't tell you?" He inquired. I glanced a look at my uncomfortable mom.

"No. We haven't had a chance to talk yet," I said sweetly, my tone was so fake. Hamza, who was silent yawned louldly.

"It's getting late and it's a school night, so we should get going now," Yusuf said and I noticed he was there. Long story short, they left and I turned to my mom, "Ummi, we need to talk, now..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hey guys I'm really sorry for the short chapters recently I've been overwhelmed with school for the past two weeks and will try to make the chapters as long as I can. Pleaase vote or comment on all the chapters on this story for the next update!!!!! Atleast to 10 votes on the first? Gooooo !!!