93

ARIZONAS POV
"Okay we're here," Maggie said and opened the door with Meredith. Amelia mumbled something and I frowned as I knew she was still in pain.
"She's still in a lot of pain," I said, "just try to talk a little quiet."
"Of course," Maggie said, "has she said anything else?"
"A few other things but I don't know what it means," I said.
"Okay, I'm a little rusty with my French but hopefully it helps," Maggie said.
"Any French is helpful," Meredith said, "what did tom say?"
"He has no idea why," I said.
"Salut (Hi)," Amelia said softly.
"What did she say?" I asked.
"She said hi," Maggie said, "Amelia can you understand English?"
"Je parle anglais (I speak English)," Amelia said.
"What was that?" Meredith asked.
"She said she speaks English, does she not know she's speaking French?" Maggie asked.
"J'ai mal á la tête (my head hurts)," Amelia said.
"She said her head hurts," Maggie said.
"I think we should give her some space," I said.
"Yeah," Meredith said.
"Amelia we'll be right back okay?" I said softly and kissed her hand, "I love you." She squeezed my hand and I knew it probably hurt her too much to talk. I closed the door behind me and walked out into the hallway, and I saw Tom meeting up with Maggie.
"Is she actually fluent in French?" Tom asked.
"Yes," Meredith said.
"When did she learn French?" Tom said, "an estimate is fine it's just important."
"You said pre school right?" I said and looked at Meredith, "so like 3?"
"Yeah that sounds right," Meredith said.
"I think her brain might be reverting back to when she was younger," Tom said, "if she knew French when she was a little kid, she could be going through side affects right now, and one of them is confusion and memory loss."
"So how do you fix it?" Maggie said.
"Can you fix it?" I asked.
"It takes time," Tom said, "she could wake up tomorrow and be totally fine. I don't know." His pager went off and he ran down the hall. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I needed her. I needed Amelia. She was my everything. I couldn't lose her.
"Hey it's gonna be okay," Meredith said, definitely noticing how upset I was. She wrapped my in a hug and I started crying as Maggie rubbed my back.
"Tom is the best, he'll figure it out," Maggie reassured.
"What do I tell my kids?" I said and looked at them, "I can't keep lying to them if something is really wrong."
"I know you can't, but why don't we just give it a day or two or even a few hours to see if she gets better," Maggie said, "then we can see what to tell them okay?"
"Okay," I sniffled.
"You're not alone we're in this together okay Arizona?" Meredith said and hugged me. I have never felt this scared in my entire life.