03. Tonight It Is

THREE TONIGHT IT IS

THREE TONIGHT IT IS

Bram was fully aware that he was absolutely doomed when it came to the Weasley twins. He would do anything they asked and he wasn't even sure why. Well, he was sure why, but that didn't mean he was going to admit it to himself ever. No, he would simply convince himself that he liked the idea of research and watching the twins make fools of themselves. It certainly wasn't because of the way Fred smiled the moment Bram agreed to find a potion for them. He was unfortunately aware of how this was going to work out for him and he knew it was not going to end well. Still, here he sat in the library after classes, scouring through potions books.

"You're not gonna find what you need, you know," Skyler mused as she sat with her legs kicked up on the table, picking at her nails with her wand. Despite being a Ravenclaw, she was never one for research. Bram had a feeling if she was just a smidge more mischievous she would have ended up in Slytherin, but alas, she chose to use her powers for good. "There's no way they'd leave a recipe for an aging potion just lying around. Even then, I don't even think an aging potion will work with the age ring Dumbledore cast. It's a recipe for disaster, really."

"Maybe so," Bram muttered as he skimmed the pages of the current book he was searching through, "but it'll be hilarious to watch if it goes horribly wrong."

The girl snorted, "I think you mean when it goes horribly wrong."

"You're right, my mistake," the boy laughed as he found what he was looking for. Looking around, he coughed to cover up the noise of him tearing the page out since they weren't allowed to check out books from the restricted section. Despite having respect for his education, Bram had very few qualms about ripping the page out. You have to do what you have to do, right? He folded the page neatly and tucked it in his shirt pocket, casting a disguising spell so it would blend in more. He could never be too careful when carrying out his shenanigans. He wanted to at least get the recipe to Fred and George before they blew the operation.

"I don't know how you aren't in Slytherin just for that," Skyler judged as they began to make their way out of the library, "What's next? You dog-ear your pages?"

Bram shrugged, "My bookmarks always slip out and I lose my place. Besides, I hate when books look too clean and new."

"Oh, Merlin, you're gonna be the death of me," she mumbled as they left the warmth of the quiet library in exchange for the bustling hallways. Bram turned away from the route that would lead them to the Ravenclaw common room, instead of heading down to the lake where the twins had made a plan for him to give them the recipe. Skyler followed alongside him, slinging her arm around his shoulders. They got a few odd looks mainly because most students in their year through Skyler and Bram were a couple, but they couldn't be any more wrong. Bram had his crush on Fred and Skyler had her crush on Angelina, but of course, no one would ever know such a thing. This being the case, Bram had come to terms with the fact that people would just assume he was her boyfriend. He'd rather be Skyler's boyfriend than be cast as an outcast or freak.