Carter & Gray: Halloween

Part 2 of the Halloween special, aka Demon AU for Carter and Gray!

— • — • — • — • — • — • — • — • — • — • — • —

2|| Halloween

"I look stupid."

I stare at my reflection, my face burning as I take in all the little details. Gray wasn't completely kidding about the vampire thing, because that's exactly what he chose for our costumes tonight.

I stand in front of the mirror, frowning, the makeup he did for me making me look even more tired than usual. My outfit looks expensive, that much is sure, but I don't think I pull it off. I'm used to baggy hoodies and long sleeves, not extravagant Victorian wear.

He even styled my hair - it's bouncier and more stylish compared to my usual wild curls. With some of it tucked behind my ears and hair-sprayed there, you can even see the lavish cross earring dangling from one of my ears.

"Also, don't vampires hiss at crosses or something?"

Gray comes up behind me and places his hands on my arms as a comforting gesture, but with how anxious I am then I can't help but stiffen up immediately. He lets go, instead taking my hand and lifting it up to kiss the top of it like the cheesy idiot he is.

"Carter, you look amazing. I'm sure no one will be able to look away from you."

I sigh.

"You always say stuff like that, it doesn't make it true though."

He shakes his head, the many chains from his ears slightly swaying with the gesture. He's dressed as a vampire as well, although much more dashing and absolutely pulling off those snug leather pants. "It's because I mean it that I say it. I wouldn't lie to you - I love this look, and definitely wouldn't mind sucking more than your blood tonight—"

"Gray—" I gasp, letting out a laugh as my face warms from his suggestion.

"I'm just saying. Who could blame me, I mean look at you—" He squeezes my hand and moves his face to my neck, placing a gentle kiss there and making me shiver. "You're gorgeous."

He whispers the last part so close to my ear, filling my belly with something that rarely appears even now. I expose more of my neck, allowing him to continue making a pathway of light kisses until he's slightly nibbling on my jaw. I let out a soft sigh, loving the feel of his lips on my skin.

It's so much different from how it used to be.

"Maybe we shouldn't go to the party..." Gray whispers, smirking, and I hum, a small smile reaching my lips.

"I'd usually agree since you look like that, but who knows what Rosie would do if we cancelled last second... again."

"If she saw you, I think she'd understand." He says, his sharp grey eyes boring into mine from our reflection in the mirror. He's still holding onto my hand, the other one of his reaching up and lightly placing itself on my hip. A resting place instead of a way to restrict me, a hold so gentle that I could push him away if I really wanted to.

He's always been considerate like that.

I laugh and shake my head. "Or she'd get upset she didn't get to see our costumes in person and burst into our room unannounced."

Gray grimaces, remembering the last time it happened. "That was unfortunate. We had a long night and could barely stay awake while she yelled at us - which of course only made her more upset—"