~I don't give a fuck about you anyway~

A/N: This is my first story and lemon. I am not very used to writing 'xReader' stories so please let me know if something is wrong or if I can improve anything. Thanks! This is planned to be a 4 part story based on the song Play Date by Melanie Martinez.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since after the Fourth Shinobi War, the Hidden leaf village had very good relationships with all the countries and the hidden villages. You were in the Hidden Cloud village's intelligence department and were often sent to the Hidden Leaf village's intelligence department to exchange intel and notes. It was risky to send intel via any other sources. You were a jonin so you were trusted with the travel with the important scrolls usually along with 2 other jonin/chunins. During these frequent back and forths, you had met a specially interesting ninja. Nara Shikamaru, advisor to the Hokage.

You quickly learnt his intelligence was nothing short of exemplary and his shogi skills were almost unparalleled. Well because you weren't from the Leaf, he did not know how good you were the first time you guys played. By that point you were friends with the lot so your missions sometime lasted a day or two longer than usual. It also helped making the relations between the Raikage and the Hokage better as the Raikage trusted you. So during an evening of everyone drinking and having fun at Shikamaru's house, Ino came over and tried dragging you inside where everyone else was talking and playing but you were out on playing shogi with Shikamaru. "Come on, nobody can beat him. Shogi with him is just no fun", she said. "Well even if I lose, I ll get to learn new plays, it is never a loss", you say and go back staring at the board. "If more people had this attitude in this village, I wouldn't have to be working alone for this village's intelligence", Shikamaru said sighing. "Oh come on, you are so full of yourself", Ino grunted with a slap on the back of his head and left saying "They are forever boring, no use" to others.

In about 10 minutes everyone ran outside following a loud commotion."That isn't fair, I wasn't even paying attention", Shikamaru said."But that is your fault, isnt it?", you say.'No, there is no way I was beat, L/N", he almost growls staring at the board."Hey I can tell you what I did", she started. Shikamaru wasn't defeated at Shogi unless he played against his father. Now that his friends were there too, he felt flustered and irritated. This was supposed to be a fun night not an annoying one where he loses. He didn't understand why he was getting so displeased. He didnt realize he could sometimes be a sour loser because he was almost never beat. Looking at your anxious face, Hinata being the sweetheart she is, quickly pulled you inside the room while Choji and Ino waited out with Shikamaru just to make sure he was okay. Kiba handed you a beer and you sat on the couch and everyone changed the subject. You started telling them about your missions in the cloud village and some of the joint missions you went on. Akamaru was excited to meet you as usual so he sat half on your lap and half on Kiba's on the couch while you downed 3 beers in like 15 minutes. Ino Shika Cho came in and you just glanced towards Shikamaru to make sure he is okay now. Ino just smiled at you so that you relax and let him be. He got whiskey and downed two fingers in almost a gulp and winced a bit, calling attention to his manly features. He got two more in his glass before he came down to sit where everyone was. The rest of the evening passed by quickly and everyone was pretty tipsy including you.

Sakura and Hinata started collecting the bottles and plates so that Shikamaru's house isn't entirely trashed the next morning. You helped too, but your residence for the visit was a bit further ahead and you had to get going. "Hey we should probably come drop you", Ino said. "It is nearest to my house, so I ll go drop her", Kiba said but he was probably the most drunk. Akamaru gave an alert woof and they decided he was the most sober of the lot. "I ll come along", said Shikamaru looking at you first time since the argument but everyone asked him to stay as he would've had to travel double the distance. So basically it was Akamaru taking Kiba and you home and everyone went their own ways."What is up with him? Surely he isn't upset with a silly game?", you thought but that exactly was it. He didn't know why winning that game was so important but it just was. He didn't want to lose in front of his friends, in front of her. You unlocked your apartment that you were staying in during your visits and Akamaru took Kiba back home.

You went in and stripped off your clothes and got into the shower. The hot shower felt really good but you couldn't take the face of the particular male out of your head. "Maybe I should've apologized?", you thought. "What the hell do I have to apologize for? Fragile male ego?", you thought and washed your neck and shoulders. But you couldn't take him out of your head because as much his stupid behavior got on your nerves. His signature hair style, his soft concentrating eyes, his smirk when he taunted you, his disappointed hurt look when he lost, his perfect body when he stood in the corner downing his whiskey. As fragile as his ego was, you couldn't stop thinking about how hot he is. You subconsciously touched yourself in the shower thinking about his disinterested and lazy looks, his broad shoulders, his nimble fingers and a slight moan escaped your lips. "What the fuck am I doing?", you think and remember his haughty "know it all" way while talking to you. You felt this weird pride about your village and thought "this great adviser of this great fucking village can go fuck himself" and you lost all your high and decided to step out of the shower. Irritated because you couldn't finish off, you get out and wrap the towel briskly around you. You try to find your purse for your daily meds so your wont have hangover and migraines the next day but you realize you forgot your purse back at Shikamaru's place. "Fuck, I was sure I had it on me, what the fuck. I dont want to go back all the way but fuck if I have a melon sized migraine tomorrow", you curse under your breath for next couple of seconds and decide to go to his place. Your bed looked super inviting but you thought you wont be able to sleep unless you have the meds. The buzz of the drinks was starting to wear off now.

You carefully make your way over to his house, being extra vigilant at that hour. You think he might have slept but was hoping he wasnt. When you approach his place, you see his lights still on. Maybe he just forgot to switch it off but hopefully he is awake, you think and make your away to the front door. You have dressed down now with an over sized shirt and shorts with your hair tied in a bun. You knock but nobody answers. You knock again with the same result. There is no noise inside either. You wonder if he indeed slept with the lights on, but you think of checking out the back porch just in case. You see him scrunched up near the board looking at it intently. "Ugh" you almost whine to yourself frustrated at the fact that he still cant accept a defeat. Such a child, you think to yourself and approach him. "Do not rub it in my face L/N" he says without even looking at you. "You really aren't too bright if you think I am here for that", you say exhausted. It takes him a full minute to realize you are actually there and not his imagination. "Oh what the fuck are you doing here again?", he exclaims and tries to act as if he was just cleaning up the board. "You can just ask me you know, whats with the ego", you mock. "Right, like I ll take advise from you", he snarls. You feel so bitter about him. "I am here for my purse. I need my meds", you say changing the topic. You just wanted to go home, fuck yourself and sleep with your feet aching from all the walking and dressing up of the day. He waves for you to go in. You get in and find your purse. When you come back, he looks at you sheepishly. "What now?", you ask your patience quickly coming to an end. Whatever made you think he was hot and worth getting off to, you mentally face palm yourself. "Tell me how you did it", with a hint of undeserved order in his voice. "Sure", you say and start to leave. He holds your wrist and asks again, a bit politely this time. With 3 buttons opened of his shirt now and his sleeves loosely folded further accentuating his arms, his calloused hands setting your skin on fire especially after your extra hot shower.. "I am sorry for being an ass, I would like to know though", he says this time. "Not so easily", you say. "What do I have to do?", he asks earnestly. "Well, I don't know! Maybe have a drink with me and we can talk about it", you say sounding like you are daring him. He smirks, twisting something in your stomach and goes and grabs some leftover whiskey. You mentally facepalm again at your fickle desires "This okay or you prefer sake?" he says. You accept the whiskey.

Once you get talking, you talk about strategies of shogi to tactics of wars and everything in between. You both are drinking and talking and laughing getting a bit tipsy now. You aren't a whiskey person usually but you somehow end up downing 3 fingers getting your head to attain the motion of a pinwheel. "This is what you did? Was kinda obvious, ugh", he groans when you finally tell him. "Yeah, I told you", you give a hollow laugh. "I need some water", you say and go to the kitchen. You take your meds and turn around to leave but you don't realize he had followed you and lose your footing a bit when you turn. You grab his arms to steady yourself your hands feeling his muscles under them. Your hands linger a little longer than they should have but your reflexes were limited right now. You realize his hands were on your waist to steady you. His hands linger on you a couple seconds more than they should've too, both realizing your mistake you get flustered and leave each other abruptly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you for reading. Please let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks again!