I Stalker

"Cinderpaw, Cinderpaw?" A light, breathy voice calls. "Hello? Ground to Cinderpaw?" I abruptly remember what I came here for. She still hasn't told me what she sent me for. I shake myself thoroughly, then respond. "Yes? Yes, Jadeflight?"
She sighs, and I can practically hear her thinking; When will she ever realize that we can't afford to daydream like her when we become warriors? I hope she can still receive her Warrior name...
"Today is your assessment. Genclaw will supervise you." I roll my eyes. Of course they would have the most incompetent warrior in the Clans supervise my Warrior Assessment. Just my luck. In fact, my entire Clan is incompetent. They would have smart, strong leaders if they didn't sacrifice all the intelligent cats, and keep the dull and dense close to camp. But even making it through Apprenticeship is a strong feat made by the most bulky and stupid.
Jadeflight shakes her head in exasperation. She isn't so bad, I could have gotten Forlornstar as my mentor. Why the name? I have no idea. Maybe his mother thought it would inspire fear and greatness in others. If anything, it makes most consider laughing their faces off. That would be both gruesome, and rather comical. How comforting.
"Now, shoo! Go! I'll fetch Genclaw. Off you pop!"
   I trot out of the camp entrance, and when I'm sure no one can see, I take off in the direction of the lake. The way my muscles slide smoothly underneath my pelt reminds me of the water, which I've reached.