Chapter Two✨The Temple

As you are dragged through the temple, you felt the man's cold hands and tough long nails adjust grip on your hand, "This is one dear room of mine, Anyone in here requires supervision. Its my lotus garden, fostered for a hundred years now~"
    You attempt to see the garden. However, due to the lack of light, besides very faint redundant moonlight, you can barely see it. Merely the ripples of the water cascading across the platformed pond. He takes in a proud, deep breath.
     You dont see any harm in humoring him. You copy. The smell of ice cold water, of lotus, and of faint metal fills your nose. Of coins. Perhaps it was used as a lucky pond, or maybe the platforms had old old nails. The moment was broken by Douma's steps as he strolls away. You follow.

     The dimly lit fresh hallways provided a sense of claustrophobia, The hallways felt so narrow and the ceiling felt like it was closing in slowly. Having the walls barely decorated enhanced this, it started to scratch at the back of your brain and fill your lungs. The suffocating feeling- It went completely ignored by the tour guide. The steps echoed. Your steps echoed, out of tempo, ringing in your ears more and more and more-
     Until a door was slid opened. To a wider room, with a welcoming aura, With a futon bed laying low to the ground, and a drawer for temporary keeping of items owned. Like a hotel, just more homely. You didnt care for some bland response or permission from the man, you immediately enter and go towards the soft cushion. After everything, you just wanted a goddamned break.
      Douma tittered at your response to the bedroom, putting the tip of a fan to his cheek, "This is usually for my dear helpers but, for tonight it's yours"

     "Thanks, uhm.. Sir..-?" you look to him

     "Its Douma, Lord Douma preferably~" he smoothly remarks

    Ah. Lord, yes, his sense of superiority was definitely seeping out. But, why challenge it and risk loosing a night to sleep? "Lord douma, thank you," was the simple reply before you flopped not-so-graciously onto the bed, your legs aching worse then usual from the extra attempts of walking.
He dimmed the lantern he had brought for lighting up the way, placing it on the drawer besides you for your night light. "In case you get too parinoid for sleep~ Rest well my dear company, I wouldn't want a single nightmare under my sacred roof," he chimes. If it weren't for your exhaust and nausea, you would've bit back at him. However, instead, you rest your head down on the silk pillow, letting your body feel as if it sinks into the earth as you loose consciousness. You didn't bother to hear the question he asked right before you slip into a warm, peaceful sleep.
When you find yourself awake, you couldn't tell what time it was due to the lack of windows, Or how long you slept, but you nevertheless see breakfast sat out next to tge long burnt out lantern from the night before.