season 1 episode 5

I'm drawing a picture for Ada in my room. Auntie Polly told me that she was very sad that Freddie was taken away from her and the baby. I know that it may not make her feel fully better but it will help. I'm drawing a picture of her, Freddie and the baby. I'm gonna go with Auntie Polly to give it to her.
I hear lots of people downstairs. The boys must be home. I put my colours down and grab Pete. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Auntie Polly stood by the drawers, Finn and John stood opposite her. Arthur is sat at the table with someone sat infront of him. I don't know him so he must be a friend of Arthur's. As I walk in everyone looks up at me and the man turns to look at me.
"Sammy. Come here." Arthur says. I run towards him and jump into his arms. I hug him as I haven't seen him much today. He turns me around so I can see the man infront of us. "Sammy this is our dad. He's come to see us for a bit." Daddy? I look at him with a blank face. This is our daddy? He looks a little like Arthur I guess.
"Hi Samantha. Last i saw you, you were a tiny little baby." He says looking at me. Even though he is our daddy, he is still a stranger to me and I am really shy around strangers. I jump off Arthur's lap and run into Auntie Polly. I hide in her side where I can still see him. I put Pete infront of me as he will protect me.
"She's shy around strangers. Even those she is related to." Auntie Polly says in her annoyed voice. I see daddy nod his head slowly looking annoyed.
"So where is Tommy and Ada?" Daddy asks.
"Ada is going through some stuff. Tommy is out on business. He should be back soon." After what Arthur said, we hear the door open and close.
"Aya well. Speak of the devil." Daddy says standing up and looking towards the door. Tommy walks through the betting shop and stops when he sees daddy. He looks shocked at seeing him.
"Get out." He says.
"Come on son. I'm a changed man." Daddy says. I don't know how he changed cause I only just met him but by the look on Tommy's face, he doesn't believe him.
"This family needed you four years ago, and you walked out on us. Not now. Get out of this house." Tommy says to him. He is using the voice he uses when me or Finn do something naughty only alot more scary. I hold on to Auntie Pollys side and she puts her arms around me in comfort.
"Tommy he's different--" Arthur is cut off by Tommy.
"Shut up." He says.
"Its all right son. Arthur Shelby never stays where he's not welcome." Dad says getting his coat. He looks at Tommy and breathes out deeply. "Quite something you've become." He walks out of the room and out the house but ruffles Finns hair before he leaves. He didn't even say bye to us. The few minutes of silence is broken by Arthur.
"He's our dad." He says clearly upset.
"He's a selfish bastard." Tommy says. Auntie Polly gives him a look as she doesn't like them saying naughty words infront of me.
"You calling someone a selfish bastard, that's a bit rich Tommy. I mean, thanks to you, we're already down a bloody sister." Arthur says. That's not Tommy's fault........is it?
"You want to see him, Arthur? You want to see him? You go with him." Tommy says pointing at the door. I do want to meet him properly but he looks kinda scary. Plus, I've heard stories about him from people that were not good. Arthur stands up and walks to the door and out of it.
After a minute John and Finn leave and Auntie Polly tries to walk out with me. I instead walk to Tommy who is now sat in Arthur's seat. I climb into his lap with his help as Pete is still in my hand. I put Pete onto the table and lean my head onto his chest. He wraps his arms around me and we sit like that for a little bit.
"Why is daddy really back?" I ask him. He sighs before he looks at me.
"I don't know Sammy. I really don't know. Just know that he is not a good person and he does not deserve to be called daddy by you ok." He says to me. I nod my head at him.
"Why did he leave?" I ask him.
"I don't know. All you need to know is that he is most likely gonna leave again. But that's ok because you will still have all of us." He says. I nod my head and lean against him again. "Ok. I need a drink. Let's go to the garrison." He says. I climb off of his lap and grab his hand.
We walk out the house and towards the garrison. Tommy is walking a little slower than he usually does so I can keep up without running. His steps are huge and he is a fast walker so I have to run to keep up. As we walk, I remember that I wanted to ask Tommy an important question that he said he would answer but hasn't yet.
"Tommy. Where do babies come from?" I ask looking up at him. He goes a little pale as he thinks of the answer.
"Well..Sammy. Babies....babies come from......come from....they come from..from angels." Tommy says to me. He sounds nervous.
"Angel's?" I ask him. That sounds weird.
"Yeah. Well, you see, when two people love each other very much the angels...they...they decide that they are ready to have a baby. So they send one. The woman's belly gets bigger because...because....well that Sammy is a mystery that noone will ever know." He says looking down at me. Oh.
"Oh......ok." I say. I hear Tommy chuckle as we get to the Garrison.
Once we go in, Tommy sits at the bar but picks me up and sits me on it before. Grace walks over to us with a cloth. I spin round so my side is too both of them.
"Good afternoon Mr Shelby. Hello Sammy sweetheart. What can I get you both?" She asks in her funny accent. (I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF THE IRISH ACCENT HERE. I JUST THINK THAT TO A 4 YEAR OLD BRUMMY GIRL WHO HAS NEVER HEARD THAT ACCENT BEFORE OR MUCH, IT WOULD SOUND FUNNY. SO PLEASE NO HATE)
"Irish whiskey for me. What do you want Sammy?" Tommy asks me. I shrug my shoulders. I don't know what I can have so I don't know.
"If you want Sammy, I could get you some milk?" Grace says handing Tommy his drink. I nod my head and she goes to get it. After a minute, she brings a small glass if milk over to me.
"Thank you." I say to her. I pick it up and carefully take a sip making sure not to spill anything
A man walks in and walks up to us. He stands beside Tommy which makes him look up.
"Mr Shelby?" The man asks.
"Who's asking?" Tommy asks him back.
"My name is Byrne. I had word from your man in Camden Town you wanted to parlay." The man says. What is Parlay?
"Then Parley it is then." Tommy says.
"A few months ago, a man names Ryan came to this place with a view to buying some goods from you. Mr Ryan met with an accident. He was shot." As the man says this, he lowers his voice so that I can't hear it but I still can.
After a minute, the man gets up and walks into the room by the bar. Tommy picks me up and takes me over to where Grace is doing something with a big book. He sets me down on the top and asks Grace to watch me for a minute. She agrees and Tommy follows the man into the room.
"So how have you been my love?" She asks me.
"I been ok." I say playing with my skirt. "Can I tell you a secret?" I ask looking up at her.
"Of course you can." She says leaning in closer.
"I know where babies come from." I say smiling at her. She laughs a little standing up.
"Ok. Where do babies come from then?" She asks me. Do I tell her??? I mean it sounded like a secret when Tommy told me so maybe only he should know.
"Can't tell you. It's a secret." I say to her giggling a little at her hurt expression.
"Oh no. I guess I'll have to ask Tommy then huh?" She asks making me nod my head.
We talked more till Tommy came out. We left and headed home. Tommy went into the shop while I drew a picture of me and Mary and Pete.
-----------------------------------------------LE TIME SKIP
It's the next day and I'm looking at a picture book in my room. I hear talking downstairs and I know it Arthur talking to Auntie Polly.  He walks up the stairs and opens my door. He looks sad. He sits on my bed and pulls me onto his lap. I lay my head on his chest and he hugs me tightly.
"I thought you were meant to be in bed missy." He says.
"Not yet. " I say yawning slightly. I'm not sleepy so dont say anything.
"You should go to sleep though. Your clearly tired doll face." I shake my head slightly leaning into his chest more. "Ok. I love you more than anything you know that right? I will love you forever and ever and ever." He says.
"Love you more." I say. I hear him chuckle as my eyes slowly slide shut. I fall asleep safe in my big brothers arms.