Mother

She had coherent thought still, somewhere inside of the monster that had awakened.

As she ran (or was she... flying?) into Carsden's Unlived Forest, heeding the call so loud now in her mind, she had enough presence of mind to wonder exactly what was happening.

Yes, Judith. So close now. Keep coming.

Who or what exactly was that calling her?

As soon as she asked, she knew the answer. Mother. 

But what did that mean?

She wished she had her cards.

But she did. They were - in a disturbingly real way - within her now.

And as soon as she acknowledged the need for one, she had one. 

The Devil card rose to the front of her mind.

"Mother" lacked humanity. That was why she required this transformation of her children.

Her "children."

Mother was no mother. And Judith Goodhope should know.

This devil, Mother, whatever it was, tore things apart, destroyed, killed.

Lied.

Judith had lost control of her body, of her very cells, but the more she tried to use her mind, the more of it she found intact. She saw the destination ahead of her. Mother's house. She would arrive. She would enter. And then? She couldn't see that yet.

That meant her destiny was hers to decide.

Mother's house. She would arrive. She would enter. And then?

She would find a way to fight back.