MIZUKI

Tanner's POV

"Tanner, your phone keeps vibrating!" my classmate yelled.

I stopped erasing the writings on the white board and set the eraser down before coming over to the desk where my phone is located.

I picked it up, turned it on, and saw a notification stating that I have received a new e-mail.

'Mister Tanner Dela Vega, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted as a part-timer in X Company. Please report to the Fairplex Convention Center by 3:30 in the afternoon. (January 06, xxxx)'

No way... I'm hired?!

I reread the e-mail multiple times to make sure that my eyes aren't deceiving me. I even rebooted my phone and refreshed my email inbox before finally convincing myself that the email is indeed legitimate.

I checked the time and saw that it's 2:47 in the afternoon. I packed my things before slinging my backpack over one shoulder.

"Is it okay if I go first?" I asked my classmates.

"Yeah, sure. You've helped a lot anyway. Thanks, Tanner," the monitor answered.

I just nodded before descending the building. I was nearing the main gate when someone bumped into my shoulder from behind.

"Sorry!" she yelled before running off.

She ran so quickly that by the time I passed the gate, she was nowhere to be seen. I just ignored her since she doesn't seem like a thief or anything of the sort... and even if she was, I doubt I have anything worth stealing. Besides, I myself am in a hurry.

I boarded a jeepney and paid for my fare right after. My travel time took more than 30 minutes due to the slight traffic. Once I arrived at the convention center, I quickly took notice of the large amount of people already there.

Some are lifting heavy boxes, some are decorating the venue, and some are supervising the workers. While observing them, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a man in his mid-forties wearing a polo shirt with the X company's logo.

"Tanner Dela Vega?" he asked while scanning his clipboard.

"Yes, that's me."

"Wear this and then help in organizing the venue. Just leave your belongings in the staff room over there," he said, pointing to a door in the distance.

I accepted the polo shirt and name tag that he was holding out before heading off to a nearby bathroom. I quickly changed before entering the staff room to leave my backpack there.

I helped in lifting boxes and putting up banners for the event. I assisted my fellow workers as much as I can. After all, I am getting paid for this and I'm not someone who slacks off on the job.

The reason why I was so shocked to receive the email is because X Company is a well-known and successful corporation. They're the one that organizes almost all of the major events here in the Philippines.

I really didn't expect to get accepted here. One of the mentioned major events is hosted here at the Fairplex Convention Center and will start later at 5 PM. That event is the largest anime convention in the whole Philippines which is only held once every year. I consider being at this event a great honour.

I've come to love anime when I was still a child. I remember seeing them on televisions at shops we pass by every time we go to the market to get some groceries.

Something about it caught my eye and when I was finally old enough to work and buy my own cell phone, I started watching them.

Though being completely in love with anime, I've never actually been to an anime convention before. Tickets can get really pricey and the fee to this particular convention is much higher than average.