Twelve

Olivia-

I didn't go to school for the next two days. I couldn't physically do it. I couldn't see Nate, or Maddy, or Cassie even. I just couldn't do anything. It's like my body was frozen. I gave my mom some bullshit excuse not to go.

Nate🤡
Why aren't you here?

                                                                  Liv:)
                                                                 I'm sick

Nate🤡
Bullshit. I'm coming over
after school

                                                              Liv:)
                                             You can't my moms
                                            home

Nate🤡
Im worried ab u

                                                             Liv:)
                                                              Im fine Nate

Nate🤡
I'll be there at 4

Great, I don't want to see Nate. I'm mad at him. I'm disgusted he would be able to do something. I was pissed at Maddy, that her petty lie got Tyler almost killed.  But now I have a big ass problem on my hands. Do I tell? Do I save Nate's ass? What if Tyler says something? Then I'm fucked. Got why did Nate have to bring me into his bullshit.

Cassie blew up my phone all day, asking if I was ok and why I wasn't at school, I pretended to be sick, lying again to the one person who I never lie to. Apparently Maddy was back, and looking for me. Id been thinking about Maddy a lot. I thought Nate didn't love her anymore, he told me they're not together, he made out with me twice. And then he goes and almost fucking kills someone because he thinks they raped Maddy. How did he know she was blacked out? She must have told him that, which means he still talking to her. God he's such an ass, and player who managed to fool me for a second.

The rest of my day was spent watching old movies in my bed, tying to recover. I know it sounds like a little dramatic, but I've been pretty sheltered my whole life so this shit was like crazy, honestly it would probably be a little traumatic for anyone.

Ding!

I jumped at the bell from my front door. I got up from my spot in the bed and my heart immediately started to race. I knew he was here. And if I'm being honest, a part of me missed Nate, in a sick way. I took a deep breath before opening the door.

I looked him dead in the eyes and he didn't say anything. I moved my body inviting him in without saying anything. He shoved his hands in his pocket and walked in, I closed the door behind him. He stood there in front in me and gave me a sympathetic look. Thoughts of the previous night came flooding back and I got the same sick feeling in my stomach. He came towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close. I buried my head in his chest and tried not to let any tears escape.

"I'm sorry" he whispered

I looked up from his chest and saw a tear roll down his face. I reached up and wiped it away with my thumb. I sighed heavily and let my head fall once again.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore" I said pulling away from him

"Liv you know why I did it"

"I just wish you would've have thought about it, because if you did you wouldn't have done it"

"Your right, but Maddy-"

"My god Nate! Maddy was not fucking raped, she lied to you she wasn't blacked out. There's video proof!"

He shook his head no and I could see him getting angrier

"Still, he's 22 he shouldn't be fucking a minor"

"Have you looked at Maddy recently? Because she doesn't look like she fucking 17"

"Who's side are you on!"

"I shouldn't be on a side because you shouldn't have dragged me into your bullshit"

"I told you I was sorry"

"Sorrys not gonna cut me possibly going to jail over this!"

"Your not going to jail"

"Nate if we get caught, you'll get charged with attempted murder and I'll get charged with accessory to attempted murder"

"I didn't try to murder him"

"Well it looks like you fucking did, the kid was barley breathing by the time I got there"

"Liv, we're not gonna get caught, I promise"

After a few seconds I responded

"Okay" I whispered

He gave me another big hug and apologized again.

"Are you still talking to Maddy?"

"No"

"Don't lie Nate"

"I'm not lying"

"Then how did you know she was blacked out?"

"Olivia-"

"Nate just fucking tell me! I deserve to know" I yelled

"She texted me, she told me she was blacked out at the party but we're not talking, we're not together"

"Nate I don't go around almost killing people for my ex's"

"It's hard to explain"

I sat down at the kitchen table

"Do you still love her?" I asked without looking up at him

"Olivia, you know I can't answer that"

He pulled his phone and checked the time

"I have to go to practice, are you coming to school tomorrow?"

I nodded my head

"Come to the game tomorrow, we can go out to eat after or something"

"Ok" I whispered

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my seat, giving me yet another hug

"It'll get better, I promise, I'm sorry liv"

He leaned down and placed a small kiss on my lips, then pulled away and walked out of the door. I kinda felt better after that, but I was still stuck on the whole Maddy thing. Did he still love her? Because if he does I can't be his side piece that he could leave at any second. I'm not that kind of person, I'm better than that, I deserve better than that