Chapter Thirteen

I woke up with a cough, usually happened when I had that same horror of a memory.

Sometimes I wondered if I would see dead animals like you would in Harry Potter after witnessing death.

But I never did, so I guess that's good.

Barry was gone, probably went to CCPD. I was debating going to CCPN, but if I'm being honest, I'll probably just turn in my news report then go to S.T.A.R. Labs.

Rolling out of bed, literally, I wormed over to My closet, changing into black ripped jeans, a white tank  top that fit snuggly onto me, and a black leather jacket. It was supposed to be somewhat cold, so the clothes probably wouldn't do her much justice.

Slipping on some camo boots, I went to grab the door, and as my hand wrapped around the cold metal, it melted at its touch.

Jumping back, I frowned, realizing I now had to figure out another way to get out of here. Maybe I should call Cisco or Barry?

Barry is at work, he won't have time. Cisco doesn't answer his phone often, so Caitlin it is.

"Hello?" I heard Caitlin say through the speaker after I had to voice command call her.

"Heeeyyyy Caitlinnn I need help. I'm kinda trapped in Barry's room. I melted the door handle." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh good! Well that's bad but Cisco just made gloves to help you regulate your hands heat. I'll be over soon!" I hummed a smile as Caitlin hung up, sinking back into the bed.

I probably fell back asleep, because when I woke up Caitlin was opening Barry's bedroom door, two black gloves in her hands.

"Caitlin! Oh good." I said groggily as she handed me the fingerless gloves, which I quickly put on. "Thank you. I need to get to CCPN and turn something in, do you mind driving me there?" I asked as Caitlin smiled and nodded.

"Of course, we can talk about your new abilities along the way." She said as I nodded, carefully grabbing my phone before we walked out of the house and into her car.

"So, from what I gathered, when you touched Professor Stein while he was having some type of seizure from not merging for so long, it sent a wave of dark matter energy into your hands. It, ultimately resulted in the dark matter in your system activating again, but in a different way than last time." Caitlin informed me as I frowned.

"Wait. I still had dark matter in me?" I asked as she pressed her lips together and nodded.

"The dark matter cells in your body were put into a dormant state when you and Sand Demon fought. How it happened, we still aren't sure, but the good news is, you have your abilities back, just amplified."

"Yeah, by 100. I used to just blast energy out of my hands and read and control minds. Now I can melt things and set them on fire with my hands. I don't even think I can read minds anymore." I said as Caitlin frowned, tilting her head.

"Maybe your old dormant dark matter cells haven't been completely reactivated. There's the possibility that you unlocked a new meta power in you when you came into contact with Stein. We just need to figure out if your other abilities can be woken up again." Caitlin suggested as I sighed, shrugging.

"I'm not sure. There is the chance that is true, but what about my fire hands? Will I always have to wear these gloves because I'll melt everything or will I be able to control them?" I asked as Caitlin shrugged.

"Training may help. Or we can always do it the old fashioned way and stick your hands in ice water." Caitlin joked as my mouth dropped and my eyes widened. "What?"