Chapter 3

Shadowhunters didn't cry much, at least not on the outside. Maybe they trained themselves so hard, tears just don't come. Evelyn walked on the busy streets of New York City, wishing she could let out that empty, lonely feeling inside. It was carving a huge hole in her stomach, even her thoughts couldn't describe it. It felt worse than any kind of bruise, cut, or broken bones she's ever felt. Something inside her was burning away her sanity, bit by bit. That something was a sadness so deep, it was indescribable, and it felt like her own personal hell. Tears aren't weak, but instead they save you from this indescribable sadness, and that's exactly what Evelyn needed, but couldn't get, and it was worse than anything in the world.

Evelyn would have never guessed that she would be sitting in the back of a bus with a bunch of mundanes surrounding her. She was alone at least, and she felt good about that at least. She looked out the window, the building of this beautiful city were truly beautiful. The bus lodged into a stop abruptly and she grabbed her bag and made her way down the bus, careful not to hit or look at anybody. You never know what shadowhunter you could run into.

She hed out of the bus and took a breath of the chill, New York weather. It smelled like the city, if the city did have a smell. Evelyn made her way to the Herondale's favorite place for help: Magnus's place. She knocked on his door, her shoulders lifted from her held in breath. He opened the door, unsurprised to see petite Evelyn waiting for him.

"Another favor for another shadowhunter, I bet?" He said. "Come in." His room was decorated neatly, not a dust to be found or a painting out of place. It was bright blue this time round, and Alec was nowhere to be found. Evelyn came in and sat on his couch in the living room, careful not to accidentally push a pillow of place. Althought Magnus was like family to her, she felt she had to be polite in his home.

"I like what you've done with the place," she chimed, hoping to mask the unintention fear in her voice.

"Thank you Evelyn," he said, taking a seat across from her. "What do you Herondale need this time?" 

She let a breath out and flashed an ungenuine smile. "Well, this may be a lot to ask, but I know you can do this for me, and you're the only one who can."

---------------------------------------------------

ooooooh :)