Pointless Dreams

A/N i'm legit the biggest hsm fan so um- yea sry for all that-

Today is tryouts for the school play, high school musical. I'm auditioning for the role of Gabriella. Or how ever you say it. De'shaun is auditioning for the role of Troy. I tried to get Marquis to play Troy but he sucks at basketball and singing so I'm outta luck. Wow imagine having to kiss your best friends boyfriend.
"Morning mom"
"Morning pumpkin" she says while kissing my forhead
"Are you ready for auditions"
"Of course" I say even though honestly at this point I thought of the fact that getting the part of Gabriella could land me kissing De'Shaun so I'm not too pumped.
"Cleveland has a doctor's appointment today so Aaliyah is taking you to school" mom says
"No momma please, she the death of me!"
"She will take you and that's final understand me?"
"Yes ma'am"

Hours later Aaliyah pulls up in her 2006 Ford Mustang. You can tell her parents aren't as well of as ours and I would kill to use that against her but momma says it's arrogant.
"Get in sister in-law" Aaliyah says
"Your not marrying Cleveland" I say with the slightest bit attitude. Momma side-eyes me which basically shuts my mouth.
"Bye baby, bye Aaliyah, thanks for taking Shanice to school."
"No problem mom" says Aaliyah
I hate when (yea I'm not stopping myself this time) she calls my mom "her mom too". I promise she acts all innocent and precious when others are around. But when it's just me and her she so annoying.

I'm late for school. Not only that, but I missed first and second period. Actually I'm not that upset because I have cranky teacher ELA first period, and AP Science(which is really hard) second.
"Shanice!!" Ashlee exclaims "where have you been!"
"Ok calm down calm down. Traffic" I say quietly trying not to make a scene
"What's that Shanice?" Says Aaliyah
"What do you want from me?" I say annoyed
"Did you just say you have a crush on De'Shaun?"
I turn to Ashlee "that's not even close to what I said"
"It's ok" Ashlee says to me "don't let her get to your head"
"Sorry Ashlee, but I have to do this"
I turn around and smack the mess outta her cheek.
"Got any other fake rumors to spread? Huh? Huh? Yea that's what I thought."
She's sobbing on the floor like a baby. Everyone turns around and now she looks like the victim. But I gotta be honest that felt real good. And I know if Cleveland was here no matter if she's his girlfriend he will still be in my corner.

I ended up in the principals office but it was just a warning and he's not calling momma and daddy. I was so glad when he said that. But really when Aaliyah told her side of the story she made it seem worse than it actually was.

It's almost time to audition. Even though he's not auditioning Marquis holds my hand and tells me I'm gonna do a great job. Yea I know doesn't sound like him, because then he adds the fact that I better not kiss no one to passionately if I get the part. I can't stand him. Ashlee and Cara are here, both auditioning for sharpay. And Just like the movies, someone's bound to end up heartbroken.
"Your lucky you boyfriends here". Cara says "De'Shaun didn't wanna wait in line with me so he went to the end"
"Maybe he was tired of you judging everything he does" says Ashlee
My thoughts exactly, I promise this girl can read my mind.
"It's your turn" says Marquis "go show em' what your made of"
See this kinda stuff is why I'm still with him.

I walk in to the audition room and I'm sure the judges could see the fear on my face. One of the judges is my choir director who really likes me so I think that's a good thing. I sing "We're All In This Together" then I act our one of Troy and Gabriella's scenes. The judges seemed please with my audition so I'm pretty confident!