HOUR TWO.

The lights flickered back on.

Chan felt his heart stop. "Jeongin..."

The boy was laying on the ground, a chain wound around his neck. His were eyes bulging and wide, blood dripping out of his miscolored lips. He had cuts riddling his body, blood streaming out and creating a pool underneath him.

Worst of all, a pristinely cut number one was carved into his forehead.

Jisung swallowed and pointed towards the window. "Guys..."

The word "Is" was written in blood. Jeongin's blood.

"Run!" Jisung screamed, sprinting out the door. The others followed him closely, slamming the door behind them.

——

Chan chose a random room, reaching towards the doorknob. "Guys, this one!"

He yanked open the door and the six boys scrambled in. The door shut behind them. Chan flicked on the lights and leaned against the door, unable to breathe.

The boys looked at each other. Suddenly, Felix burst into tears, collapsing into Changbin's grip.

"Jeongin..."

Jisung swallowed. "We failed. We were supposed to solve the first murder, but we failed and now Jeongin is gone."

"I knew we shouldn't have taken that long to figure things out!" Seungmin exclaimed angrily, pressing his hands to his eyes. "This is our fault."

Hyunjin reached for him, but Seungmin pulled away.

Jisung spoke up. "Guys, we need to go."

Everyone turned to him. "Are you serious, Jisung?" Seungmin exclaimed. "Our friend just died and you want to leave."

"No, hear me out." He said. "You said it yourself, Seungmin. We took too long talking and now he's dead. We failed in preventing the first murder, but we don't want someone else to die. So we need to get moving."

"You're so insensitive," Seungmin spoke bitterly. "Jeongin looked up to you, you know. He loved you. He thought you were his best friend. And you're moving on already?" He clicked his tongue. "Unbelievable. I'm leaving. I'm done with this shit."

"Seungmin, you can't just leave." Hyunjin protested. "This is serious. It isn't funny, not now. Jeongin is gone, and either we find out who did it or we all die."

Seungmin just shook his head. "No, this is just some sick joke. I'm not dealing with it anymore. Not when my best friend just died." He walked out, slamming the door shut behind him.

The boys looked at each other in silence. Moments passed. Suddenly, Felix's eyes widened. "Guys, they're setting us up."

"What?"

"We can't leave Seungmin alone." Felix sprinted out the door. Chan and Minho reached to follow, barely making it out the door when it slammed shut and the lights went off.

A rope. A scream. Then another.

Number two and three.

——

Chan felt everything in his body come to a screeching halt. As the seven other boys piled in behind him and Minho he was met with a sight he never could have imagined.

Felix was at their feet while Seungmin was further down the hallway. Both boys were hanging from the ceiling, ropes pulled tightly around their necks. They were covered in blood and their faces were turning blue. A bloody two was carved into Seungmin's forehead, and a three was carved into Felix's—both messier than the last.

Chan fell to his knees. "No," He breathed out in disbelief. "No, not him."

Hyunjin ran to where Seungmin was hanging, desperately shaking him. "Seungmin. Seungmin, please. Seungmin, no."

"Guys, we have to leave." Minho looked around. "Hyunjin, come on."

He sniffed and shook his head. "No. I'm not leaving Minnie."

Jisung swallowed, pointing at the ceiling. "Guys, look up."

Above them, two words were written in blood.

Chan could feel his hands shaking—they hadn't stopped since they found Jeongin. Changbin noticed and grabbed his hand, an attempt at comfort.

"Guys..." He spoke up. "We need to go. We can't have the same thing happen again."

But Hyunjin shook his head, burying his face into Chan's shoulder. "I can't leave Minnie. I can't."

"Hyunjin, you have to." Jisung attempted.

"No, no. Seungmin was right. You're nothing but an insensitive piece of shit." He sniffed and turned away, back to Seungmin. "Seungminnie, don't leave me."

Jisung huffed and pulled away. "Fine, then."

Chan shut his eyes tightly, wishing this could all be a bad dream. Hyunjin was still sobbing under Seungmin's body, Jisung was leaning against a wall angrily and Minho was staring at Jisung, tongue poking his cheek as he played with his fingers.

Chan turned to Changbin, taking a deep breath. Crying wasn't going to get him anywhere.

"Guys," he spoke up. "Changbin's right. We need to leave. This has happened twice in a row; we can't let it happen again."

"So we just leave them?" Hyunjin exclaimed.

"They're dead, Hyunjin!" Jisung shouted. "They're gone. There's nothing we can do besides save ourselves."

"You're so selfish, Jisung!" Hyunjin exclaimed. "You have no respect!"

"You said the same thing to Seungmin and now he's gone!" Jisung yelled. "You're such a fucking hypocrite, Hyunjin."

"You know what, whatever, Jisung. I don't fucking care anymore."

"Good, because I don't either-"

"Guys!" Changbin exclaimed. "We can't fight. Now right now."

"Then what do you propose doing?" Jisung snarkily responded. Changbin sighed.

"Getting off our asses and trying to stop a murder?" He spoke. "Look-"

But the lights went out around them.