Chapter 1: Lovebirds

I wasn't thinking about making this be a Jollywood Ten fanfic at first, but now I definitely am. So this one mainly focuses on Grumpster and Doc's relationship and this could be a rewritten, improved version of The Lovey Dovey Day Dilemma, which was one of my discarded fanfics from a couple years ago.
It's been a whole year since Empathy has known the 7D and it's still only been several months since they have all known Empathy's mom Vigilantra. Happy's girlfriend Megan has been in Jollywood for 4 months and she had just moved in with the 9 of them (and maybe I should stop saying how long they've all known one another and just get to the damn story already). Megan is getting adjusted to living with anyone other than her aunt Queen Delightful, and Happy and the others have been making it a great time for her. She and Happy have been sleeping in separate beds since they are waiting a little bit before they take things to the next level. Empathy has wished for the queen and Lord Starchbottom to actually take things slow in their relationship (which means that while they haven't been having sex as often as they were before Empathy made that wish, they might also not even be engaged, or maybe they still are, but I guess Starchy is wanting to actually get a ring for the queen. When they did get engaged, she proposed without a ring and now Starchy is planning on proposing with a ring.) and her own relationship with Bashful has been causing Bashful's crush on the queen to fade away as Empathy is now the love of his life. Dopey hasn't gone out with Vigilantra, even though he had been wanting to ask her out and even though Empathy is like a sister to him, she thinks that him and her mom would make a cute couple. Sneezy and Sleepy are still going strong in their relationship, but they don't have sex as often as some of the other couples. As for the 2 oldest dwarves of the group, Grumpy and Doc, they do love each other very much, obviously, but they are still convinced that Empathy had to do something with them falling in love, but they decided to wait before they learn exactly how they started being more than friends. They were on Grumpy's bed, putting their clothes back on after they had just made love.
Grumpy: Doc, do you think that it's weird that we've been friends for years now and we only started having these feelings after we met Empathy?
Doc: I'm pretty sure it was before. I mean, if you look back at the story where we do meet her, we would constantly make each other blush and just before I used the Fancy Felicitate Wishing Apparatus on her, I kissed your cheek after we said something in unison.
Grumpy: Oh, yeah. The author did that on purpose, didn't she? (Yes, yes I did.)
Doc: It's not her fault that we were written this way. She's one of the only fans of this show who doesn't pair you romantically with Happy or anybody else but me.
Grumpy: What the hell is up with that? I mean, I get that Happy and I are opposites or whatever, but it doesn't mean that I have to date him or anything.
Doc: Especially when you drank from the Fountain of Truth and you were like, "Happy and I..." and then many people who watched that episode went crazy!
Grumpy: What I was gonna say was that Happy and I were writing a song together, but I'm not sure why we didn't finish writing it. (That's just my interpretation of what Grumpy was gonna say in the Water Ya Doin', Dopey? episode and since I've obviously always shipped Grumpy with Doc and not Happy, I didn't want the thing he was gonna say about him and Happy to be romantic at all but the people who do ship them assume that it was romantic.)
Just then, Empathy and Bashful walked upstairs to see Grumpster and Doc, who were both still sitting on Grumpy's bed as they were talking.
Empathy: Hey, Trumpy. Hey, Croc.

Empathy and Bashful laugh while Grumpy and Doc look at them unamused.
Grumpy: Why does she always have some of the worst nicknames for us?
Doc: Trumpy and Croc aren't that bad. (laughs) Okay, they are actually kinda funny.
Bashful: Do you want to come sing the song Happy's about to sing?
Grumpy: (sarcasm) Sure, why fucking not?
The 4 of them went downstairs and Happy begin singing the first song for this fanfic.
Happy: 🎵Hurry up and wait, so close, but so far away.🎵
Megan: 🎵Everything that you've always dreamed of close enough for you to taste, but you just can't touch!🎵
Sneezy: 🎵You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet. Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it. You know you can if you get the chance in your face, and the door keeps slamming!🎵
Sleepy: 🎵Now you're feeling more and more frustrated and you're getting all kind of impatient, waitin'.🎵
Bashful: 🎵We live and we learn to take one step at a time, there's no need to rush! It's like learning to fly or falling in love!🎵
Empathy: 🎵It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen, then we find the reasons why one step at a time.🎵
Vigilantra: 🎵You believe and you doubt, you're confused and got it all figured out.🎵
Dopey: 🎵Everything that you always wished for could be yours, should be yours, would be yours if they only knew!🎵
Doc: 🎵You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet. Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it. You know you can if you get the chance in your face, and the door keeps slamming!🎵
Grumpy: 🎵Now you're feeling more and more frustrated and you're getting all kind of impatient, waitin'.🎵
Happy and Megan: 🎵We live and we learn to take one step at a time, there's no need to rush! It's like learning to fly or falling in love!🎵
Sleepy and Sneezy: 🎵It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen, then we find the reasons why one step at a time.🎵
Dopey: 🎵When you can't wait any longer, but there's no end in sight!🎵
Bashful: 🎵It's your faith that makes you stronger!🎵
Empathy and Vigilantra: 🎵The only way we get there is one step at a time!🎵
Grumpy and Doc: 🎵Oh-oh, take one step a time, there's no need to rush! It's like learning to fly or falling in love! It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen, then we find the reasons why one step at a time.🎵
All: 🎵One step at a time, there's no need to rush! It's like learning to fly or falling in love! It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen, then we find the reasons why one step at a time.🎵
I'm just gonna end the first chapter right here. Valentine's Day is in 3 days so, of course, I wanted to write this just before that.