-00-

demons
prologue
—00—

Some people were born for the sole purpose of living life in its most simplest, mundane form. To go to school, to study, to be forced into a career choice that, deep down, they never wanted for themselves.

Then they'd grow older, find a partner, start a family and send their children into that same, brutal world where nobody could actually be who they wanted to be. And then they'd age more, age until the world gave up on them and the cycle carried on and on and on until Earth itself got destroyed by those same, stupid, power hungry humans. And life would cease to exist, until it would be reborn.

Some people had already seen it happen. Some people had witnessed all of the ages, had grown bored with watching the weak little humans parading around the world like they owned it only to drop like flies mere decades later.

Some people, were not people at all. They were all powerful, ancient beings that could bring the world to its knees with just one single blow, could have the ground shaking with a single thought, could snap a man's neck in one, quick breath.

Most of them were passive, merely taking advantage of their powers to cause mischief in people's daily lives. Nothing drastic. Nothing permanent. Nothing harmful.

But then there were the others, the ones that were fed up with this...plague of inferior creatures roaming around the place with the mindset that they were the worlds most superior beings.

Those others sought to destroy everything.

And sweet, innocent, eighteen year old Nora Harlow somehow ends up caught in the crossfire of a war.

A war to end all wars.

And Luke Hemmings planned to use her to make sure he came out victorious.