Betrayed Feelings

Ahsoka's POV

I woke up in bed with Steeler next to me. I looked underneath the covers to see what we've done. I jumped up which woke Steeler, "What? What is it?" I looked around and panted, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have had sex with you. It was a mistake." I grabbed my clothes and ran out. 

Why did I do that? I just meet Steeler two days ago. I felt like I betrayed Axle. He was the only one I allowed to touch me like that. His voice echoed in my head again, "LOOK AWAY!!!" I can't let Steeler replace Axle. As soon as I find the Cultist I need to let Steeler go. 

I walked onto the bridge where Steeler was waiting, "Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have went with it." I took his hand off my shoulder, "I'm sorry too, but my love belongs to someone else." He nodded. I sat down at the controls. I closed my eyes again and focused on the person who killed my partner. I saw him in a heavily protected bridge in the middle of space. I grabbed the controls and changed course. "So, what's your plan?" Steeler asked sitting next to me. "What's the range of that energy weapon onboard the Dreadnought?" I asked. Steeler thought for a moment, "Around five thousand meters. They only place that they can't target is directly behind the engines." "There's a trick Master Kenobi, my friend and I came up with." I started to explain, "We drop out of hyperspace a few meters away from the target, in this case the engines, when I look into the force and type in the right coordinates." Steeler just sat there and nodded. I was confused, "You don't think that's crazy?" "Oh it's crazy, but I'm used to stuff like this so I believe it's gonna work." I rolled my eyes and looked out the windows. I closed my eyes and looked into the force. I focused on the humming of the Dreadnought engines. My fingers typed in the coordinates and the ship jumped. 

I kept my focus on the ship, but I saw something. I saw the Cultist. He had a blaster pointed at me. He pulled the trigger and I heard a crash. "AHSOKA!!!" My eyes snapped open. Steeler grabbed my hands and pulled us out of hyperspace. Alarms were wailing. We almost hit the engines of the large Separatist ship. My eyes went wide, "I'm sorry. I didn't see it." Steeler sighed in relief, "It's ok. You're dealing with a lot of things right now. I get it." I grit my teeth and began to cry harder than I ever had before, "NO, YOU DON'T GET IT!!! MY BOYFRIEND WAS KILLED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! I SEE HIS FACE ON YOU!!! I HEAR HIS VOICE!!! IF I'D JUST STAYED AWAY HE COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED!!!" Steeler looked down ashamed. 

I heard the sound of Vultra droids. I quickly jumped back on the controls, trying to wipe my tears away. Everything was a blur. "I'll fly us out of here! You need to let your feelings out!" Steeler yelled. He grabbed the controls and moved me out of the chair. I curled up in a ball on the floor. I haven't cried this hard since I was little. It felt so unnatural. I was a mature young adult and now.....now I'm just a child again. 

"HANG ON!!!" Steeler yelled. I felt the ship's engines cut. We drifted on a sharp turn until the engines quickly shot back to life and blasted us forward. A clang shook the shuttle. "GET UP!!!" Steeler yelled again, "We need to get off this ship before those fighters come back around and blast us off the airlock!" I slowly got on my feet and followed him. 

We jumped through the airlock and sealed the doors before the shuttle exploded the droid fighters. "Well, we're on the ship. If we hurry we can make it to the bridge before the energy weapon knocks us out." Steeler informed. "Let's go." I responded.

We came across heavy resistance. I blocked the attacks while Steeler hotshot every threat. There was a loud sound of energy charging up when we came to the bridge door. Steeler gave me cover while I started cutting through the blast doors. "Hurry! If that energy pulse goes off before we're on the bridge, we're done for." I heard him say. 

I finished cutting through the doors. The energy burst was about to activate. I felt a heavy push against my back. I went flying through the hole in the wall. I turned around to see Steeler still outside when the pulse activated. Steeler was hit by electricity and he went unconscious. 

I turned to see the Cultist standing right there. My lightsabers were knocked away and he pointed a blaster at my face. The same one he killed Axle with. "So, you have come here to capture me like you failed to do on Nal Nutta?" He taunted, "Foolish child." "GO ON!!! SHOOT ME!!! THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO RIGHT!!? TO KILL ME AND AXLE!!?" The Cultist laughed, "That was never my plan. You are a Jedi as was your friend. I am no force user, but I follow the Jedi code." "Then why did you kill Axle when he was unarmed!?" I yelled. The Cultist laughed again, "That's the thing. Your friend was too powerful to remain. Another Jedi thought the same way. We agreed to remove that powerful threat." I felt anger raging through my veins, "WHY DID YOU KILL HIM IN FRONT OF ME!!! YOU SAID YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR BOTH OF US!!!" "Haven't you figured it out yet? You two betrayed the code. You grew attachments. The Jedi that tasked me with this agreed that punishment must be placed down. And your punishment was to see that attachment can lead to suffering from ones death." The Cultists explained. "WHO!!? WHICH JEDI TOLD YOU!!?" He removed his mask revealing his face. He was unfamiliar to me. A human with little hair around his thirties stood in front of me. He smirked, "Why don't we go and find out?"