Absolutely Nothing

The shouting from the shop's front draws you from your thoughts as you stand in the backroom. You run out, seeing what all the uproar is about. You're met with a red-faced Draco, leaning across the counter yelling at Jade.

"Where is she?!"

You gasp, and his head whips to you.

------earlier that day

Draco stares at his phone, then at the note. His eyes go back and forth between the two. He didn't have the courage yesterday to text you. Now, his phone is out, and your contact is saved in his phone. The text screen gawks back at him. A text notification from Blaise pops up on his phone.

Draco sees Blaise, pacing the corner, the thought of texting you all but forgotten

Draco sees Blaise, pacing the corner, the thought of texting you all but forgotten. His friend, although shy in his youth, has always been upfront when it comes to issues. But Draco can't place why he needs to talk to him all of a sudden, let alone why they needed to leave work to do it.

Draco stands next to Blaise; raising his eyebrows, he clears his throat, announcing his presence. "Draco, I don't know how to say this, but I don't think you should keep seeing Y/N."

His eyes flash with confusion. "I'm not doing anything with her."

And it's true; he hasn't done anything. Well, other than fucking you on the counter of your work and then showing up every day to your work to see you and regularly masturbating to you. He hasn't done anything. He's been sitting on your phone number for 24 hours, trying to figure out what the fuck he wants to say to you.

Blaise doesn't buy the lie so easily. "I know her work schedule, and you only have coffee when she works."

Draco furrows his brows; his lips thinned out in a frown.

"She's obviously got some type of feelings for you. I don't think you should keep going there, especially if you're back with Astoria. It isn't fair to her."

"How do you know that... about her?" Draco asks.

Blaise shrugs, "took her to dinner last night."

Draco reads between the lines, anger beginning to course through him.

Blaise notices the anger flash across his face. In an attempt to calm him before he explodes, he continues. "You didn't see the look on her face last night. I've never seen her like that. She looked," he pauses, "broken."

Draco's voice rises. Even he hadn't told anyone that you were his soulmate. And now, not only were you still fucking his best friend, but you went on a date with him and then told Blaise about him. "She told you about us?"

"No, but she certainly wasn't moaning my name when she came." Blaise can't stop the words from leaving his mouth. The damage is done when he sees the hurt on his friend's face. He doesn't understand it, though. He thought Draco and Astoria were back together. So, why was Draco acting so venomous? "I didn't know there was an 'us' between you two."