Life At The Night Club

Luke was still adjusting to life as a servant for Caleb. It had only been a few days since he left his love, Julie, but every second of those few days felt like hours without her. He no longer felt the need to smile as his ghost life was ruined without the presence of the girl who made him feel dying was actually worth it. Misery lurked throughout his eyes and the air around him seemed cold and dense. Tension rose each time Caleb spoke a word to the boys, but Caleb being his normal ignorant self, made everything a laughing matter.
   The boys had preformed multiple times for the ghosts and humans that stayed at the night club, each time singing with anger rather then joy. Willie, Alex's possible boyfriend visited all the shows they preformed. Luke hated the sight of a healthy relationship, not because he wasn't happy for them, but because it reminded him of the beautiful girl he had to leave behind.
   "Hey Luke, when are you gonna stop moping around and actually try to enjoy your time here. We're not leaving anytime soon so you might as well suck it up and make the most of it. I mean come on, we can eat for crying out loud!" yelled Alex, stuffing his face with what looked like an apple cider donut.
  "Spare me the lecture Alex, you actually get to see your boyfriend. Mines stuck back home without any way to contact me. Uh shit I meant girlfriend. Anyway besides the point. We're slaves Alex. I thought you wanted to leave here as soon as possible. Why the sudden change of heart?" Luke asked as he raised an eyebrow and leaned forward. Alex looked down and sighed, motioning Reggie to join them at the table they've been sitting at.
   "Reggie, tell him what we were talking about... about Julie and- and how it wouldn't work." Lukes body tensed at the thought of his own friends shutting down his love life. His hands shivered and he tucked them back away into his hoodie.
   "Listen Luke. You know your like our brother and we love you but this relationship with Julie could never even work. I mean think about it Luke. Your a ghost and well, well she's not!" Reggie blurted. Luke sunk deeply into his seat. It looked as if he was about to cry, however instead he stood up and demanded angrily,"You're wrong."
   Luke stormed off, his breathe heavy with rage. His hand grappled around the handle to his room and flung open the door, closing it with a great slam. Piles of pictures and albums lie scattered throughout his tiny room. He stomped over to the corner of his room where his bed sat unmade. With a jump, he landed on his bed with his face smushed into his pillow. He let out a loud groan and turn quickly over, leaving his hands to sit on top of his chest. His rage suddenly turned to sorrow. A single tear dropped down his cheek and landed on his thick blue sweatshirt. They're right, Luke thought while he wiped the next tear before it fell to where the puddle of the first lie.
   "It would have never worked. We both would've just ended up heartbroken" luke croaked as he slowly closed his eyes, falling into a deep slumber.