A Peaceable Jog

Summary: After Nadine drags Chloe out for a jog, the Australian finds herself rather exhausted, and ends up talking her best friend into stopping for a while and getting ice cream. Childhoods are discussed, and Nadine enjoys her chocolate treat a little too much. Nadine Ross and Chloe Frazer friendship/platonic feels.

"Hey, you need me to slow down a little?" Nadine called, looking over her shoulder and slowing down as she turned to face Chloe. Chloe came to a gradual stop in her forward movement, furrowing her brow and trying to reduce her madly flying heartrate. Nadine jogged back to Chloe, a somewhat concerned expression etched into her features as she eyed the other woman.

"No, what gave you---phew.... What gave you that idea?" Chloe questioned, out of breath as bent over and held her knees as she tried to keep her breath under control. Nadine smirked slightly, crossing her muscular arms over her chest as she looked at the Australian. While Chloe was sure that she was surely a rather pitiful sight right now, she still had to keep a reputation by at least attempting to deny the unsaid accusation.

Nadine had asked Chloe to accompany her on one of her regular jogs, insisting that Chloe needed to get out of the apartment and that Chloe needed to get more in shape anyway since they were in-between jobs and had some downtime.

Since Chloe and Nadine had begun a permanent partnership in business, they had been increasingly doing everything together, including living in the same apartment as roommates. It was an interesting adjustment, and Chloe had found that she really enjoyed it. She oftentimes noted that Nadine seemed to feel the same.

But nevertheless, Nadine had practically dragged Chloe out of the apartment, and despite how Chloe might feel about the entire ordeal, the Australian decided to just go along with it. After all, when she finally agreed, Nadine seemed extremely happy, and Chloe just couldn't say no to her best friend when Nadine looked so giddy about the idea.

"You look kind of tired," Nadine pointed out, unable to keep the teasing glow out of her voice with her smile. Chloe rolled her eyes, despite the fact that she was pleased with Nadine's amusement that was so opposite of her usual self. Of course, since her and Nadine had been living together, Chloe had been slowly dragging out the playful side of Nadine that actually was warm and even affectionate at times.

"Nah, nah, I'm not tired," Chloe protested, straightening up and purposefully lightening her breaths even though she felt as if she might burst with the pure need for air to enter her lungs.

Nadine raised an eyebrow skeptically, a smug smile still settled across her lips. Chloe shot back her own halfhearted glare.

"I was just trying to give you a little confidence boost, china," Chloe nonchalantly told the former mercenary with a small grin playing across her face as she hoped to convey some semblance of self-assuredness.

"Uh-huh. Is that like when you wanted me to have a go at something on our Tusk of Ganesh trip when I actually figured out something you didn't?" Nadine asked, and Chloe shook her head, taking one last giant gulp of fresh air before deciding that she was through giving Nadine the satisfaction of seeing her pathetically panting in exhaustion.

"Goodness... This is what I get when I genuinely try to let you feel important," Chloe indignantly acknowledged aloud, forcing her voice to have more control than it actually possessed right now, and Nadine just snorted, still seeming very much entertained by the Australian.

"Oh, don't worry. You let me feel like I was something, alright. More in-shape, that's for sure," Nadine commented with a chuckle, and Chloe just looked at Nadine with a calculating gaze, smirking a little.