18

I Love You

I Love You

EVEN THOUGH THINGS were mildly awkward between Draco and I after what happened; In which I partially confessed such feelings to him, We still had to go together for my family's banquet. Great just great. As if what ever bad happens, Fate seems to come in my way.

The train ride back home was completely silent. Everyone seemed to be tired and slept throughout the whole ride. In the front of our compartment, was where Draco, Alexander & Zabini was seated. I have never been this anxious going back home. Seeing Draco — again, was not what I wanted.

Love.

Such a peculiar thing.

***

"Holly is happy Miss is back." Holly exclaims as Clayton approached me, descending from the long flight of stairs.

"Merlin, you grew taller!" I was cut off with a tight embrace from my brother. "Amoura, I missed you!" He smiles with a wide grin, narrowing his eyes down to the box of candies in my hand.

"You know, I will never forget about these!" I handed him the candies and I chuckled as he rushed in untying the ribbon. Oh, How I would miss Clayton for being such a sweet and giddy kid. Time flies too fast. In just a second he's just a sweet kid, waiting for candies and then years later, he begins to act different and more mature. "Off you go." I muttered as he rushed to his bedroom.

I headed to my mother's study; seeing lots stylish dresses by her side. "Mother, what's with all these—"

She gave me a bone crushing hug and cupped my face. "Oh dear, I'am thankful you're here!"

"Darling, I already asked your friends if they could join us and they gladly agreed!" She said with a wide grin, glancing at my little curls. "As what I said, Draco will accompany you as your date."

"Why not Elliot, mother?"

"Dear, It's already set. You and Draco will be each other's date. I've already talked to Narcissa about it. And It would be rude if you won't agree." I sighed and grudgingly nodded in annoyance.

"The Greengrass' and the Zabini's will also be there, please do me a favour and have some etiquette manners dear!" As my mother's words were continuously repeating in my mind; as if its telling me something I needed to know. Shit. Astoria will be there. "Amoura?"

My mother drifted me away from my thoughts and I snapped back to reality as soon as she noticed that I dozed off. "Is there something you want to tell me Amoura?" She asked, worriedly. Wondering If I was okay.

"No mother, I'm alright." I let out a reassuring smile and her worried face soon faded upon hearing my reply.

"The banquet starts at 8pm. Get ready by then, okay?"