Favouritism | 16

you and jungkook are twins in this chapter.
____

"This is my official death. Goodbye my friend, I'll see you in the afterlife." you dramatically said after receiving your final semester grades as you can't believe your own eyes after seeing the dropping grades you have.

"You did better than me though," Daehyun said as he showed you his almost all red marks as you gently removed his paper away from your sight as you groaned and rubbed your eyes, slapped your cheeks as you took another look of your final semester grades hoping it would change a thing.

"Again, you did better than me Y/N!"

"That doesn't make it any better Hyun! You know there's Jungkook in my life," you huffed as you crossed your arms and placed your bag on your desk, literally shoving the semester grade in it as you prayed that it would fly away in the air while walking home.

Jeon Jungkook, your twin brother who's older than you by seven minutes, the much better twin. He's better than you in everything that you can possibly mention, he's good and always excel in academics, good in sports, though he plays basketball and you play soccer which you think you're pretty good at,

You're both popular at school but because of two complete opposite reasons. Jungkook is known at school for having killer looks that everyone is head over heels for, he's literally the man of everyone's dreams as not only he's handsome, but is also part of the school's basketball varsity team, he's also smart and he haven't been to the detention room unlike you,

You're popular for being the social butterfly slash troublemaker of the school. Together with Daehyun, who you consider as your partner-in-crime, would always tease each other and pull pranks at each other but not to the point where it would hurt each other.

You two haven't pulled a prank at the teachers too as the both of you are close with them, with your polite yet naughty behavior, the teachers liked how you can be a troublemaker at times but when in need, you'll be this student who can pass as a role model student. 

You admit that you're not as smart as Jungkook nor as good looking as he is. Though some students think that you're really pretty inside and out, you just don't see the beauty in you even though you're literally the female version of Jungkook. You rather see yourself as the worthless and disappointment child.

You only excel in small things such as soccer and excluding the mentioned sport, there's nothing else that's why you see yourself as the worthless youngest child of the Jeon family.

In the house, it's always Jungkook is good at this, Jungkook is good at that but never Y/N is good at this, good at that. When it comes to academic rankings, Jungkook will always be the number one topic as everyone will brag how good he is that no one can ever beat his top one rank in the whole freshman year.

When it comes to talents, everyone will brag about how angelic Jungkook's voice is and how neat his dance moves are. You can also do both but everyone is blinded by how perfect Jungkook is that they forgot they have another child existing in their lives. You have joined multiple talent contests back then without your parent's consent as you don't see why you should tell them when it's not Jungkook who's joining the competition.

Whenever they would brag about Jungkook, you will always watch at the corner and wish that they would talk proudly about you as well, by how great you are at soccer or by how great you are at singing and dancing too, those little things would make you happy because that way, you'll know that they are proud of you even for a bit.

But that's not the case;

"Jungkook is great at singing too! You should hear him sing one day, you'll fall for his voice because it's like an angel singing." you heard your mother brag about Jungkook as you frowned and sat down a little far from them but near enough to hear what they're talking about.