Chapter 8

"So Daphne, what did you think of last night? How was he, I must say that he is exceeding the expectations that I originally had for, and I'm really pleased that he was able to claim the Black lordship before the Malfoy boy" Jonathan  Greengrass said at breakfast, Anastasia humming in agreement, Daphne allowing a brief smile.

"At last my betrothed was able to make me blush" she mumbled, causing Astoria to grin wickedly and Daphne's parents to look confused.

"What did you say?" the youngest Greengrass said with a mischievous glint in her eyes

"I didn't say anything!" Daphne exclaimed, if she was being honest, she knew that somewhere down her heart she was developing feelings for Potter at a very fast rate.

"Thats a lie! You said that he makes you blush! You're falling for him" Astoria exclaimed, Jonathon and Anastasia perked up and smirked at one another, Daphne cursing under her breath.

"Fine, maybe I am, but what is there not to like about him? He is very good looking, he is powerful in a political and physical sense, plus he is a lot more sly than he lets on. It really makes me wonder if he was wearing a mask all these years and has finally decided to let it down now that the Prophet has actually recognised that he has enough power to back up his status as the Boy who Lived!" the blond teen exclaimed.

"Daphne loves Potter! Daphne loves Potter! Daphne loves Potter! Daphne loves Potter!" Astoria began to chant in a sickly sweet sing song voice.

"Astoria, act like a proper woman" Anastasia snapped, even though she wouldn't truly admit it, she was glad that the Potter boy was the one betrothed to her Daphne; he wasn't fazed by the ice queen persona, he was a very powerful person, and he didn't let Daphne use his fame to bolster her. Frankly Lord Potter Black was perfect for her beautiful daughter. She was excited to see where their relationship would go, all she had to do was wait for the Potter boy to correspond with them for his final test.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry walked in to the Great hall and took the seat next to Dumbledore, he began to take some sausage and some eggs and pile them onto his plate, carefully cutting the sausages into straight lines.

"Aah, good morning Harry", Dumbledore said, receiving a nod from his apprentice, "how did your night with Miss Greengrass go?" he asked in a joyful manor.

"Rather well, I think that we might meet tomorrow as well, it is my birthday. Would it be okay if I leave tomorrow?" Harry asked carefully, over the summer he had been introduced to a new type of Dumbledore, one who is a lot more demanding than his grandfather persona.

"Unfortunately you might be very sore tomorrow, you can ask if she wants to come here If you wish, you could arrange a pleasant evening for the two of you ; I don't think you would want to be limping around in front of her, however, young love always prevails. For a present I will begin to teach you wandless magic tomorrow" Albus replied, Harry was dreading what Mad-Eye had in plan for him if he was going to be sore all day, and it was slightly disappointing that he would still have lessons on his birthday.

"And why exactly would I be sore tomorrow? What exactly does Mad-Eye have planned for me?" He questioned anxiously, causing the old man next to him to chuckle.

"When powerful wizards turn the age of 16, they go through something called magical maturity, a bit like what the muggles call puberty. Your core is going to have a drastic growth tomorrow night, and in the morning, there is a possibility that your physical appearance is going to change quite a bit. You won't have to exercise as much because you magic will supply your health, but that doesn't mean that I want you to ease off for your exercise, in fact I'm pretty sure that Alistair will go a bit more hard on you". The last part made Harry groan, but internally, he was excited; he was going to get another magical boost because he was getting older, it was as if magic herself was giving him a birthday present,  to be honest Harry had never really had a birthday present.