one

WALLFLOWER

daniel is your typical nobody. he sits on the sidelines, minding his own business. he's never been "cool" enough for friends. he relies on himself, and himself only.

            and that's where our story starts.

    westbrook highschool. 7:45 am.

the highschool halls bustled with exhausted students. a popular group of boys headed to
their class. the group consisted of jonah
marais, jack avery, zach herron, and corbyn
besson. the group of boys were well-known
around westbrook, hooking up 24/7, smuggling drugs, and the all had the girls drooling.

jonah, the eldest of the group lead the posse
to their first class, ap chemistry. a tall figure stood in the way of the group which the eldest
soon recognized as daniel seavey. the eldest barged his way into the doorframe, and whispered:
                          "move it, loser,"

the boys laughed and pushed past the boy in
the hall, leaving him all on his own. corbyn stayed behind the rest of the group, tagging along with the tall boy.

that was pretty fucked up, corbyn thought   
    to himself, sympathizing for the poor boy.

"hey, you ok? sorry about jonah, he can be a bit rude sometimes."

the brunette looked up at the blonde, surprised that anyone had even bothered to speak to him.

"y-yeah," the brunette choked out, wondering if the boy could even hear him. the brunette walked to his regular seat, the paranoia still in his core. he kept his eye on the blonde boy who spoke to him minutes before, wondering why he even spoke to him in the first place. normally, daniel seavey was invisible. his hands shook as the teacher called out names.

"daniel seavey?" the substitute called out
"h-here," daniel choked out, scared of the boys watching him.
the boys laughed and snickered, and daniel could feel eyes on him.

just play it cool daniel.

the brunette didn't realize that the blonde boy sat right next to him instead of his usual seat.
daniel worked up the courage to speak to the boy, his palms shook and his heart beat fast in the process.

"hey, t-thank you for what you did back there,"
the brunette said, facing the blonde

the blonde, known as corbyn besson turned around and made direct eye contact with him.
"of course, my name's corbyn, corbyn besson,"
the blonde replied, shaking daniel's hand.

a popular kid is actually talking to me...
daniel thought to himself

for the rest of the day, daniel kept to himself. when he walked home, he thought about the boy from the incident.

to be continued...

                           LUCI TALKS!
    hi loves! welcome to my dorbyn fic! i  
  hope you enjoyed the first chapter and
        don't worry, i know it was short,
       they're going to be a lot longer :))

i love u!
xoxo,
-lu <3