Tom Nook X Reader

"Maybe this won't be so bad..."

How did you get yourself in these shitty situations? You never asked to become Mayor of an entire town, especially not one in such a sad state. There were only a few houses here. Weeds were growing everywhere. Trees were knocked over. Rocks & flowers in the most inconvenient places. This town needed so much work & were you really the one to do it?

"Mayor? Are you okay?" Isabelle questioned, gently putting her hand on your shoulder & knocking you out of your thoughts.

"I mean besides not actually being the Mayor & having absolutely no qualifications for it? Yes, I'm fine" You answered sarcastically. Maybe this time she would get the hint & realize you are, in fact, not the Mayor. Sadly it was not the case still, because she just laughed again & went on about how much of jokester you were!

Isabelle continued to lead you around the horrible little town showing off its many... Assets. At least there was a store. & a post office. Maybe you could send a letter for help & have someone come to rescue you from this situation. You were barely listening to her tour until she stopped outside of a building with a sign that read "Nook’s Homes"

"This is where you can start on getting a home built for yourself! Which you need if you wanna live here of course" Isabelle explained with a small chuckle. She explained how you could go ahead inside & talk to someone named Mr. Nook while she finished up the rest of the boring paperwork that came with getting a new Mayor. Lovely. You were sure you were gonna be doing some of that. As Isabelle strolled off you let out an annoyed groan you'd been holding in this whole time. Isabelle was nice, she really was, but she just wouldn't listen to you.

Taking a deep breath, you opened the door & stepped into the home design store. It was nice inside, to be honest, you even saw a few roof tiles you wouldn't mind having on your house. Oh great, now you were just accepting you'd be staying here & just be the Mayor huh? Before you got a chance to look around anymore, someone in the store caught your attention.

"Welcome! You must be the new Mayor I've been hearing about! You're here to get a house, yes, yes?" You turned to see a man who stood what had to be well into 6 feet. He was large, what you could describe as a 'dad bod'. You starred up at him as he continued to talk to you about your home. You only vaguely heard the things he was explaining to you. You were too lost in his eyes to really care. You must have looked like such a creep just staring at him like this but you couldn't help it he was just... beautiful to say the least.

"Mayor y/n?" Mr. Nook said, waving his hand in front of your face to get your attention. You snapped out of your lovesick trance with your face turning a deep red.

"Uh, I-i'm sorry I was uh. Your voice is nice- I mean! I was listening just. Okay, what I mean is-" You stumbled over your words, trying hard to explain why you were staring at him. Tom started chuckling, a noise that was music to your ears.

"Calm down, Mayor! Everything is alright yes, yes? I can re-explain everything for you" He said reassuringly while smiling at you. You didn't trust yourself to speak again so you just nodded & listened this time while he spoke about your home & how much it would cost. The debt was a lot, but at this point, you didn't care. Being the Mayor might not be so bad if you get to see Tom every day.