Chapter III - Lucy and Jellal - First Date

Konnichiwa, Minna!

It's been a while, ne? Remember in Chapter II; there was a mention of Lucy and Jellal going on their first official date? Well, here it is.

Enjoy!

"Are you excited?"

Lucy couldn't stop the (slightly lovestruck) smile from spreading across her face at Levy's question.

They were sitting at the bar inside the guild, the chatter of their guildmates fading into background noise as they conversed.

"Yes," she admitted, her smile not dimming in the slightest. "Technically, we've been together for months, but we haven't had the chance to go on a real date."

Levy grinned. "Aw, I'm so happy for you! You and Jellal deserve this!"

"Thanks, Levy-chan."

Lucy had told Levy that Jellal was taking her on a date that afternoon. Her excitement was contagious, and Levy couldn't help but be worked up as well.

"What is the date?" Levy asked. "Are you guys going to a restaurant or something?"

Lucy shook her head. "No, nothing too fancy. Not this time, at least."

"Hmm, so something casual then."

"Uh-huh. There's this cute cafe in town that opened up a few days ago. We're going to grab a bite to eat there and then see where the day takes us."

"Great!"

At that moment, Wendy walked up to the two, with Carla held tightly in her arms. "Hey nee-chan, Levy-san."

"Hey Wendy," Levy greeted the girl warmly, while Lucy waved. "Hey, Carla."

"Hello," the white-furred exceed replied as the two took a seat.

"Did Lu-chan tell you about her and Jellal's date?" Levy asked them.

Wendy's face lit up with a bright grin while Carla smirked. "She did! Are you excited, nee-chan?"

The blonde-haired young woman let out a giggle. "Yes!"

"You must be pretty happy to be going out on an official date with Jellal," Carla observed.

Lucy nodded. "Yeah. Like I told Levy, we've been together for months, but this will be the first time we'll have an official date."

Wendy smiled. The two months that she, Lucy, Carla, Meredy, and Jellal had spent together on Tenrou were exhausting, as they did nothing but train. However, the few times that they had downtime, Wendy had always observed how Lucy and Jellal drifted towards each other to spend time with.

Now that Lucy was back at the guild and Jellal an official member and a free man, they finally had the chance to be together. Wendy could understand why Lucy was excited.

"Hey."

All four of them turned at the voice to see Jellal standing behind them with a smile on his face. He was looking at Lucy. "Are you ready to go?"

"I am," Lucy beamed at him. She got up and took his outstretched hand before looking back at the girls. "I'll see you guys later."

"Bye, guys," they all waved as the two left.

Levy sighed as soon as they were out of earshot. "I hope they have fun," she said to the other two, who nodded in agreement.

"You hope who has fun?" Gray asked as he sat beside Wendy, Meredy settling down next to him.

"Lucy-nee and Jellal-nii have their first official date today," Wendy told them. "They just left."

Meredy's eyes widened. "Oh, that's right!" she exclaimed. "I had forgotten about that."