Newcomer on Berk

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Chapter 1: Henry

"Henry, what brings you to our island?" Stoick inquired.

Henry looked around at the crowd, as if expecting them to suddenly attack him and his friends. The Berkian chief noticed the discomfort and turned to the rest of the villagers. "Alright, everyone! Clear out! Come on, let's give them some space."

The crowd reluctantly dispersed, leaving just Stoick, the Dragon Riders and their dragons.

"Like I said, it was unintentional." The new-comer, Henry, answered, feeling a bit relaxed now that there wasn't that much of an audience. "One of my dragons over here has trouble flying. The other dragons then tried to carry both of us instead, but that didn't really work out too well."

Hicca took a look at the dragon Henry was talking about and noticed the problem. "Her wings are broken." She started to approach the dragon for a better look when the other four dragons came in front of her and started growling once again. Midnight immediately came to her humans side and growled back at the dragons.

'You better not come any closer!' One of the dragons growled in its' dragonish language.

'Right back at you!' Midnight growled back.

"I wouldn't get closer if I was you. These guys are not really a fan of meeting new people." Henry explained.

To his surprise, the girl just gave him a kind smile. "Noted." She said to him.

Hicca put a hand on her dragons' head to calm her down. "It's okay girl. There's no danger here."

Midnight calmed down, but still kept her guard up.

Hicca then took a step forward, looking at the four dragons in front of her. One dragon has a green body with brown scales and a long snake like neck, similar to a Zippleback only with one head and a longer jaw. Two dragons of the same specie with one having a brown body with black accents and the other also brown but with yellow accents. The last dragon has an orange-colored body with its front limbs shorter than the back limbs and horns on its head and its snout.

"I mean it. There's no danger on Berk. None of us mean any harm. We're a dragon friendly island. I can help your friend if you let me." Hicca said, looking at all four dragons in the eyes as she spoke.

The four dragons exchanged glances at one another, as if having a mental debate. The dragon they were protecting then stepped forward to get a better look at the human. This dragon has a blend of yellow green colored scales, a rounded horn top with a green colored star spot on it and a ledge under its' chin.

Hicca, much to Henrys' confusion, extended out her hand upwards to the dragons' snout and looked away, waiting for the dragon to make a decision. The dragon looked the outstretched hand and sniffed it. It then moved its' snout into her palm, purring at her touch, showing its friends that it does trust her.

Henrys' eyes widened in shock, betraying his stoic expression, at what he was seeing as the girl patted his friends snout before moving to the injured dragon with the other four dragons giving her room. "How-"

"Just like my sister said, we are a dragon friendly island. We've learned to befriend dragons and earned in their trust and in turn, we give them our trust." Hiccup explained to the newcomer. "My name is Hiccup, by the way, and that is my twin sister Hicca who's checking up on your friend there."

Henry said nothing in response as he took the information in. Still resolved to keep a sharp eye on the girl who was inspecting his injured friend, just in case. He knows better than to let his guard down.