prologue

A rather loud whine came from a young woman wavering her head around in the clouds of her thoughts, sighing with a sense of frustration that couldn't escape the windborne bard sitting right beside her. "I'm so tired!"

He chuckled setting down his lyre onto his lap. "Lemme guess: it's love?"

She gasped sharply slapping her hands onto her warm cheeks. "H- how'd you know?"

"A secret~ " He giggled.

She pouted. "Venti, honestly... You're more surprising when you scare me like that considering you're so..." She paused struggling to grasp for words, except for: "Nimble... In the worst way possible."

The Archon frowned slightly, not really liking the fact that he had been bestowed by what seemed to be... An insult.

"Nimble..?" He whispered in disbelief. "In the worst way possible..?" He questioned her, receiving a curt nod in return. He sighed himself, pressing his chin to the palm of his hand. "That's almost painful, if you put it in that way."

After an awkward moment of silence, he glanced up to her with a widened grin. "So... Kaeya and Diluc, you say? Seems like a well deserved song for a bard to一 "

"AH! Stop! Seriously!" She screamed at him growing more flustered. "I- I just!... I just... Can't face them right now, okay..?" She weakly said, flickering her face downwards, away from him. "I don't know how to face them both at the moment, or if there's a right or wrong in how I feel, or want to help... It's an odd feeling, that I don't know the name for."

Seeing how conflicted she looked, Venti answered her slowly. "Mono ga aware." She blinked at him, letting him continue on. "What you're feeling, is a term from Inazuma called, 'mono ga aware'."

She turned back to face him hesitantly repeating what he taught her. "Mono... Ga... Aware?"

A light smile snuggled itself onto Venti's lips, and from what she could hear in his tone of voice was a fleeting sense of loss that she hadn't expected to hear from the bard. "There's a fine tale I've learned about from that term. I have most of the lyrics and still have yet to complete it... But I think it'll perfectly fit well into another song!"

It made a part of her feel... Sympathetic, for the god. But, the curiosity in why he sounded such a pain in his voice made her question him after all. "Then... Could you sing it for me?"

Venti's head perked at her request. "Sing..? Are you sure? It's rather long."

She chuckled. "I could use some time to clear away my head."

He smiled briefly back. "Well... If you insist." Clearing his throat, he raised his lyre up close to his chest again, strumming it gently. "But you owe me a drink."

"I'll convince Diluc somehow."

"I'll take that as our contract." He laughed, playing the instrument.

‟...

A land afar, wind walked.
Walls stood high, a tyrant amok.
He filled the lands in thundering song,
Stranded by chains,
Living lives of wrong.

Until a young boy wished with hope to be free from his grasps.
A young maiden swung her blade,
To tumult its grounds into a piece of the past.

...

The woman asked him lightly. "And, what was her name..?"

He paused, briefly stopping himself from singing melodically with a small smile. "A coincidence without jest as a matter of fact一 Her name, is the exact same one as yours Miss Xia: [name]. [1]"

[1] = Okay! No, no, no! It's different people

[1] = Okay! No, no, no! It's different people. The you in this one is different to the you in the other one 一 To not confuse you, by the way, I personally just wanted to include her in because I find it kinda amusing: the fact that both stories will connect somehow in their own way is what amuses me, and if you got the reference after the first hints without me telling you now, then I'm proud of you一 LMAO!

I'm very er, horrible at poetry一 Hehe, I'll try to improve it overtime, hopefully. ; w ;