the lovers forest

There was nothing more horrifying then seeing the death bleached eyes of the one she loved. So horrifying she was frozen.

Once the initial shock was over she ran over, "no no no, you're going to be fine, we'll get you back to the city and heal you up. You'll be good as new" she said in a rush as she prepared a healing spell.

People from the village who had survived the battle gathered around the poor cleric and the girl she loved who layed motionless.

She finished the spell, which proved unsuccessful. "DAMMIT!" she yelled in frustration as tears slipped from her face.

She did the spell again
Nothing.

Tried another spell
Nothing.

She searched desperately around her for her book and tried every spell that could potentially heal the corpse before her.

Nothing.

Though the plants, once dead and dry started growing around the body. Tree saplings shot up and moss grew like a bed beneath the girl like a bed.

The cleric kept trying. She was exhausted though preserved in denial that there was no bringing Lacuna back.

Thorns started to grow around the cleric's legs and peirce through her soft skin. The earth seemed to scream stop.

The cleric lef out a gasp and a scream of pain, the trees grew bigger and seemed to enclose her in. A villager who was weeping ran over and grabbed the cleric.

"NO, no let me go!!!" She said struggling and sobbing, but out of her exhaustion and sorrow she didn't have enough strength to resist. She was taken back to the village though no one could get the body of their beloved Lacuna.

Vines had grown around the corpse's arms and legs, keeping the body secure. Thorns had grown surrounding the area and no matter how hard anyone tried to cut down the trees no one could succeed.

The once yells and cries of the grieving girl echoed between whispers of the trees.