𝕄𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤; 𝔹𝕖𝕟 ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕤

𝕀𝕄𝔸𝔾𝕀ℕ𝔼

Ben Hargreeves; Fluff

Requested?

Yes【】

No 【✅】

Song- N/A

***

(Reader and Ben are 14/15; This is written like flashbacks, almost--so they're not all in one day or together. It's also a female reader, just because I was feeling it today)

He's so in love with her. He just knows it. From the way her smile jumpstarts his heart, to the calm he feels when her hand slips into his. Y/N hadn't stolen his heart, she'd asked for it. And he'd given it to her. He smiled at her silly expression as they laid side-by-side in the grass. He could hardly believe he'd managed to get a day off to take her on her dream date. But he'd made it happen.

He'd do anything for her. Anything for the girl he loved. Ben hadn't realized he'd been waiting for someone to love until she had. Until she did. God, she was perfect. He was insecure about he was, but that girl, she insisted every inch of him was beautiful- and to the Hargreeves' ...that meant the world.

She meant the world. Y/N interrupted his thoughts by bopping him on the nose. "You're adorable when you're lost in thought, Benny."

"You're adorable all the time, Y/N/N."

She raises a playful eyebrow. "Are you trying to one-up me, Mister Hargreeves?"

He smiles. "Never."

She leans over and kisses him gently. "This was a great first date, Ben. Can't wait to see where you take me for the second."

***

She hates this feeling. Being away from him. It tears her apart. She still doesn't really understand the whole idea of love. She prides herself on knowing things, so the thought that she can't explain how he makes her feel crazy? It bothers her.

But he makes up for it. Still, she really hates their time apart. She'd cuddle with him for the rest of her life if she could it. Well- that's an exaggeration. She wouldn't miss the science fair for the life of her. She'd just bring him along. Yeah, she loved Ben Hargreeves.

There's a light knock on her dorm door and she throws herself off the bed, pulling it open as fast as humanly possible. There he is waiting. She practically jumps into his arms and he catches her, laughing. "Missed me?"

"You don't even know."

"Well...could you show me?"

"Not smooth enough, Hargreeves."

***

"It's pretty late to be at my window, Ben."

"You know how my father is, Y/N...come on! We're all going to Griddy's." She raises an eyebrow in the moonlight.

"All?"

"Yeah, my siblings and I, and hopefully you." He gives her the moony look that always gets his way when it comes to her.

"Fine, I'm coming down. Catch me?" And then she jumps. Right out the window of her boarding school. Thank god she's only three floors up. His eyes go wide with terror, but he dashes towards the spot where he assumes she'll land anyway. He catches her, stumbling.

"You can't scare me like that, Y/N!" She laughs.

"Sorry." She doesn't look it. He pulls her close and they lean closer and-

"Jeez, Ben. I wanted donuts, not a makeout session." Klaus Hargreeves grins evilly as he stands in the light of the street a few feet away.

"Go suck your toe or something, Klaus." Klaus doubles over in laughter at the attempt on Ben's apart to tell him to, in essence, fuck off. Always bold, Y/N takes the opportunity to push her lips onto Ben's. They kiss and Klaus just sighs.

"Can we go now? Luther's getting antsy and-"

"Yeah," Y/N answers. "Let's go, Benny."

***

The stars shine in the moonlight over another picnic. A midnight, star-gazing picnic, but a picnic nonetheless. Ben's arm is wrapped around Y/N's, their eyes turned to the sky. It's comfortably quiet. She breaks it.

"You'll never leave me, right?" No doubt she speaks in reference to Ben's upbringing, his place in the Academy. His title as 'The Horror'.

"I can't promise anything, Y/N/N. I'll never leave you on purpose, or if I can help it. But if I ever did, you'd find me up there." He points at a constellation they both recognize. "I'd watch over you and wait for you. Wait for you in the stars."

"How romantic, Ben. I just wish you could promise."

"Me too. One day, I'm going to put a ring on you, Y/N. That's a promise I swear I'll keep."

"That's the smoothest I've ever seen you, tentacle-boy." She leans into his shoulder. "I'd like that."

"Yeah, one day. You'll be the most beautiful bride to have ever lived."

One day.

A | N

I needed some fluff for the week I've been having. I mean yes, the last one is bordering- but if you ignore some obvious tragedies, it's still adorable. Hope you enjoyed~ do keep reading for the A | N after this imagine. love you, lovelies.

xxxx. Juve