Dylan Potter

Everybody has heard of the famous Harry Potter, right? Well what about his long lost cousin? Nope. People always get excited when they hear my last name, asking whether I know Harry, or if I could introduce them to Harry or a lot of other rediculous things. I don't even know him yet. I start my first year at Hogwarts this year and so does he. The reason nobody knows that Harry has any family but the people who he is living with is becuase my Father and his Father had a falling out. They hadn't spoke to eachother since they were 16. Everybody had assumed my Dad died for some reason. He actually just moved in with his bestfriend Chad Wallace and never went to visit his family again. Two years later he married my Mum annd then a year after that they had me. But when he found out that Harry's Dad had been murdered by Voldemort (Yeah I'm not scared to say the name) he wouldn't get out of bed. He got depressed, stopped going to work and stopped socialising. He felt terribly guilty for being angry at his brother and eventually it got so bad my mum and me moved away. I haven't seen him since  I was 3. I don't know where he is or what has happened to him and neither does my Mum. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dylan, we're leaving in 5!" my Mum called from down the stairs.

I take a last look around my room to see if I have forgotten to pack anything. I haven't so I grab my trunk and slowly drag it out of my room and down the stairs. I get down and see my Mum standing at the door.

"Come on honey, let me help you with that" she says, gesturing for me to come forward.

I nod and make my way over to her. She smiles at me and takes the left side of my trunk. We slowly walk to the car and lift it into the back seat.  Thats when I see it. 

"Oh my gosh Mum, thankyou!" I say excitedly. She had gotten me a snowy owl.

I give her a hug. 

"Come on Dyl, get in the car or you'll miss the train" she says, patting me on the head.

I love that about my Mum, she's not one for loving situations and neither am I. Like Mother like daughter.

I get into the car grinning ear to ear.

"What do you think would be a good name for the owl?" I ask Mum.

She shrugs, then says, "It's your owl Dyl you should choose, it's a girl by the way."

"Hmmm..." I say, what do people call owls?

Then I think of the perfect name, I was watching a movie the other day and I heard the name Ewa. I'm pretty sure It's Polish or something.

"I think I'll call her Ewa" I say.

Mum smiles and nods. She's not very talkative either, I'm like that too. 

When we finally get to King's Cross station It's crowded with both muggles and wizards. I can tell when someone is a witch or wizard because their muggle dress sense is really poor. I look around in the crowds to see if I can see Harry, I know what he looks like because my Dad and his Dad look a lot alike and apparently he looks like them too. I look like a mixture of my Mum and Dad, I have the same bright blue eyes and  nose like my Mum and the same black hair and jaw line as my Dad. Apparently I'm quite good looking but I don't think that looks are that impotant in life. I can't see Harry but I spot a trolley in an empty car spot so I go and grab it then roll it over to my Mum. She smiles and we load my trunk and Ewa onto the trolley.

We get to platform 9 and 3/4 and see that there is another family there. There are quite a few of them and they all have flaming red hair. Me and Mum start to approach them but we're interrupted by none other then Harry Potter, no one is with him, where is his family? I stare at him. He does look a lot like my Dad. Then I notice that he also has a snowy owl, what a weird coincidence. 

"Excuse me!" He says to the Mother of the big family.

"Yes my dear?" she asks curiously.

"How do you...?" Harry trails off, gesturing with his hands to the platform.

Platform 9 and 3/4 is different from other platforms. You have to walk through the the barrier of platforms 9 and 10. I know what you're thinking, won't the muggles see you?  No they won't, muggles ignore things that they don't think is normal.

After the lady finished explaining this to Harry he stares at the barrier with determination and runs at it. After Harry goes through another of the lady's sons  (I think I heard his name is Rob or Ron or something rather) runs through the platform so now it's just me, my Mum, the lady and her daughter standing there stairing at the barrier. 

"Hello, I'm Ginny" the daughter suddenly says.

I smile at her, then I say, "I'm Dylan Potter and this is my Mum, Janice."

Ginny gasps when she hears my last name but doesn't comment on it.

My Mum smiles and holds out a hand for the lady.

"Hello" my Mum says shyly. 

The lady smiles and takes my Mums hand. 

"I'm Molly Weasley" she introduces herself.

My Mum smiles and nods. 

 "Well, well, well, look at the time! now dear you best be off! you don't want to miss the train!" Mrs Weasley usheres me towards the barrier.

I then take a deep breath and start running towards the wall, curious as to what was going to happen when I got on the train.