Chapter 11

I would like to thank sara81grace92 on wattpad for the idea for this chapter and some of the upcoming ones and meereskuh on AO3 since I used some elements of their suggestion also

Hope laid across her bed on her stomach, while she worked through her English homework, with Landon sat at the desk doing his own work. "Ugh!" Hope groans and slams her book closed, "I hate Shakespeare, why do we even have to do this?"

"Because the teacher asked us to," Landon replies with teasing smile.

"But why?" The tribrid sighs, exhaustion creeping across her face.

"Hey," Landon speaks calmly, making his way across the room, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," Hope shakes her head as she moves into a sitting position.

"You sure?" Landon questions, running his hands through Hope's curls.

"I'm just stressed out, about the full moon this week."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Landon walks around the bed and pulls the tribrid into his arms.

"I just feel like something's going to go wrong. Most of the time it's just routine: get in, use a sleeping spell on anyone else around, restrain the wolf and wait until they transition back. But there's something not settling right with me this time."

"Why don't you sit this one out then? We can binge watch Cutthroat Kitchen, I know you like that."

"I can't, if anything happened to Caroline, I'd blame myself."

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll stay in my room while the moon's out and I'll meet you at the main entrance as soon as you get back."

"It will," Hope looks up at her boyfriend, "thank you."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Hope's plane landed in Mexico City and she spent half an hour in a cab on her way to the hotel Caroline Forbes had booked them into, the older woman took her for something to eat before they drove to an abandoned mansion where the new wolf was supposed to be.

"Why's it so quiet?" Caroline wonders out loud. "Why's no one screaming in pain?"

"I don't know," Hope whispers. "Let's look around."

"Should we split up?" Caroline asks, beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"Yeah," Hope nods, "the sooner we find this wolf, the sooner we can leave." Caroline nods and walks down the hallway and Hope makes her way up the stairs; she goes slowly, checking each room before her surroundings begin to spin and she blacks out.

Opening her eyes, Hope finds her wrists in metal cuffs chained to the wall, she blinks a few times to clear her vision and notices Caroline laid on the floor a few feet away from her, also chained to the wall, she quickly crawls over to the vampire and tries waking her up. "Caroline! Caroline, wake up," Hope shakes the older woman.

"Hope? What happened?" Caroline mumbles as she pushes herself up, "why am I chained to the wall?"

"I don't know," Hope whispers, "but I think we should try to get out of here."

"There's no point," a familiar voice interrupts them. Hope's eyes immediately land on the blonde boy in front of her then drift to the tall brunette who stood next to him, her blood going cold.

"Roman? Antoinette? What is this? What are you doing?" Caroline questions, pulling at the chains that restrained her.

"I'm sorry Miss Forbes," Antoinette sneers, "we weren't after you, you're just collateral damage."

"Are you kidding me?" Hope yells, "I had the chance to kill you Roman! I let you go! What are you doing?"

"It's not my idea, Hope, I'm sorry," Roman apologises.

"Turns out, there's a lot of people who want you dead, Miss Mikaelson. It wasn't too hard to find someone willing to help us with our plan," the way the brunette spoke made Hope afraid for not only herself, but also her friends' mother.

"What plan?" The tribrid asks, trying harder to get the cuffs off her wrists.

"Our plan to bind your wolf side, just like we did to your mother," Antoinette kneels down so she's eyelevel with the tribrid "and you can stop trying to break free, we have a witch and she's put a little spell on them so you can't use your magic and neither of you can break out."

"I won't let you do that," Caroline says, attempting to put herself between Hope and the two vampires.

"You can't stop us," Antoinette snarls before walking out, Roman following close behind.

"Don't worry, I was supposed to call Alaric after we got the wolf," Caroline explains, "he'll know to send somebody. And if nobody shows up, we can fight, we'll figure something out," the older woman wraps an arm around the girl's shoulders, as best she can with the cuff on her wrist, "we'll be okay."

Hope nods and lays her head on Caroline's shoulder, "you're right, someone will save us."

Back in Mystic Falls, since it was still the middle of the night, all the wolves were locked in the transition cells and the rest of the students were in their rooms asleep. Landon woke up with a start, he rushed to pull on a T-shirt, as he only slept in a pair of shorts, and hurried out of his room and towards the headmaster's office. Alaric was sat at his desk, anxiously waiting for Caroline's phone call, and looked up at Landon confused.

"Hope's in trouble!" The phoenix announces breathless from running all the way from the dorms.