A Charm of Protection

"What are you D O I N G?"

        Yashiro's breath hitched in her throat at the sound of a certain woman's voice icily speaking up from behind her. She shakily craned her head back to see none other than 'Misaki', the kimono-clad woman's features shrouded in shadow as she tightly gripped her enlarged scissors. 

        Despite the thundering heartbeat in her ears, the human girl managed to speak up to the deadly supernatural approaching her down the stairway. "Y...you wrote this, didn't you?" she questioned, tightening her hold on the notebook in her hands. 

        "Yes."

        "You're not Misaki." Yashiro continued, the trepidation growing in her chest as the woman grew closer and closer. 

        "I'm collecting parts for Misaki's body," the scissors-wielding woman...AKA No. 2 of the School Mysteries curtly replied. "It's easier to explain if I say I am Misaki, isn't it?"

        Yashiro's eyes widened in horror and anger as the realization settled in on her. "You...you did those terrible things to Aoi and the others," she began to exclaim, rearing back in disgust from the woman claiming to be Misaki. "Just so you can make Misaki-san!"

        "That's right."

        The young girl's breath hitched in her throat once again when she felt something grab ahold of her legs. Or rather...multiple somethings. She glanced down in confusion, only to blanch in horror when she saw numerous porcelain dolls with grotesque expressions on their painted features crawling up her body, their tiny hands gripping onto her clothes. 

        "Eek...!" Yashiro yelped, unabashed terror on her features as the dolls climbed further up her figure. I can't move my feet...!

        Despite the fear clogging up her throat and the cold sweat rolling down her face, the young girl nevertheless mustered up the courage to exclaim once more, "Y-you loved Misaki-san, didn't you?! A-and from what I read from the notebook...you were Sadako-chan's friend, too, right?!"

        No. 2 narrowed her eyes at the last part as she wordlessly listened to the girl speak. "What you're doing... It won't make either of them happy!" Yashiro stated, desperation in her voice as she attempted to reason with the kimono-clad woman. 

        However, instead of showing any sign of hesitation at the human girl's words, 'Misaki' simply covered her mouth with her sleeve as she tittered daintily. "Oh, please..."

        KAPOW!

        "I know that!" 

        Yashiro's breath was knocked out of her body as she was suddenly kicked in the stomach, pain erupted throughout her figure before she was sent tumbling against a tree. She winced as soon as her back collided with the trunk, the burning sensation spreading all over her skin. Her breath hitched in her throat in horror when a scissor blade pierced the wood right next to her arm, the sharp edge barely grazing her skin. 

        "First off, Misaki cared for his students," No. 2 began, a cruel smile gracing her painted lips. "If he finds out that I've been doing this, he'll be angry with me. But that's what I want."

        She tightened her grip on her scissor handles as she dipped her head forward to conceal her expression, though the slight tremor in her hands and voice betrayed the surge of emotions that arose within her at that moment.